Business Support Assistants
Main Purpose of Post
- Ensure an effective, efficient and positive front-of-house service for customers and staff (working within and across the Sport and Wellbeing Service Unit) in order to meet customer and service needs, whilst protecting general confidentiality.
- Responsible for carrying out day to day front-of-house duties to a high standard whilst adhering to all financial management, health, safety, customer service, and operational policies, procedures and practices.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- As the first point of contact for users entering the facilities, provide high standards of customer service and engagement at all times including providing information, processing sales and transactions (including membership sales, class enrolments, room/facility bookings etc.), controlling facility admissions and dealing with customer queries/complaints, providing feedback to service Managers
- Undertake a range of front desk activities, including directing calls and enquiries, taking messages, collecting/delivering/handling post and providing administrative support to managers and staff involved with tournaments and events. This includes provision of administrative support for Facility Operations, Sport & Wellbeing/Development Services and the Sport & Wellbeing Senior Management Team (as required).
- Assist the Business Support Manager to review, design and improve front line systems and procedures for the effective delivery of customer services and assist senior managers with administration support as required.
- Accountable for all day to day financial management of the facility including reconciliation and security of shift monies and adherence to all financial management procedures including discrepancy reporting, refund authorisations and lodgement processors.
- Use of ICT systems/databases including associated tasks for the following (this list is not exhaustive); on-line bookings, billing and payment records. Also use the management booking systems for Community Centres, sports facilities etc. (to include the Legend Club Management System).
- Undertake general administrative functions including, paying of invoices, collation of reports, data input and processing, recording of lost property, and adhere to the normal operating and emergency procedures, as required.
- Assist management or designated officer in all aspects of implementing, maintaining and improving secondary spend options for the facility including replenishment and re-ordering of stock and undertaking regular stock-takes as directed.
- Have excellent knowledge of the facilities and service activities, memberships, promotions and prices and proactively up and cross -sell these when possible, ensuring all public information is available, relevant and presented professionally.
- Ensure the front of house area is clean, safe and presentable at all times and undertake regular housekeeping checks and duties as required. To correct, when necessary, any housekeeping / potential health and safety risks and log and report all incidents/accidents in accordance with reporting procedures.
- Assist in the training of new staff in administration functions as appropriate.
- To contribute to Key Performance Indicators for the service.
- Undertake any other administration duties which may be required from time to time.
- Five GCSE's (Grade A-C) or equivalent including Mathematics and English
- One years experience of working with the public in a service Industry
- One years knowledge of Microsoft Office Products to include Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint and a front desk booking system
- One years experience in handling cash and cash reconciliation
- One years experience of working in administration to include dealing with Financial matters /procedures and using the Legend booking system
Temporary role available
Rota Basis Monday - Sunday
1 x 37hrs
1 x 23.75hrs
1 x 17hrs
Interested in role please forward cv to Ashleigh or call 02825642699 email firstname.lastname@example.org