Business Support Clerk
Temporary Business Support Clerk required for a local government organisation based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £9.74 per hour
Hours: 18.5 hours per week, Monday - Friday
Duration: 3 months pending review
- To provide a clerical support service within the organisation including the maintenance of both computerised and manual systems, for example filing, photocopying and mail
- To perform a range of business support tasks in accordance with agreed procedures and processes such as cash handling, call handling, data input and extraction
- To provide a word processing service from draft documents or audio tapes (if required) including routine correspondence in the form of letters, memos, reports and other documents involving creative layouts (for example, PowerPoint presentations).
- To utilise a variety of basic office-related IT software packages and specific departmental or service IT systems as required.
- To assist in the preparation, compilation and distribution of routine statistical, performance and other information.
- To arrange meetings and take minutes and notes as appropriate.
- To maintain a high level of customer care and deal with internal and external customers of the service either face-to-face or by telephone and e-mail including the cover of front desk or reception duties as required.
- To use various office machinery or equipment where appropriate, for example, binders, laminators, fax machines, photocopiers, shredders or other relevant equipment.
- To know and understand individual and team goals and to prioritise own work to fulfil own area of responsibility to meet agreed standards of performance.
- To participate in the identification of own and team training and development needs and the implementation of an agreed training and development programme as appropriate.
- 5 GCSE's Grades A*-C including English and Maths or equivalent qualification
- Applicants will be required to undertake a computer based assessment test. These tests will assess applicant's data entry, grammar, spelling, MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel skills.
- RSA or OCR Stage II qualifications or equivalent and one years administration experience
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.