Business Support Clerk
Rate of Pay: £10.01
Location: Cecil Ward Building
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: Temporary ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
To be responsible to the appropriate line manager for assisting in the provision of a comprehensive, efficient and effective business support service, including the application of basic Information Technology skills.
To perform assigned duties and tasks, either as part of a team or individually as required, in accordance with specified time and quality standards including the prioritisation of own workload when necessary.
To represent the appropriate line manager in routine day to day matters as necessary within the post holder's sphere of responsibility.
To act in accordance with the council's customer care principles ensuring, through commitment to ongoing improvement, that the council's obligations to its customers are achieved.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To provide a clerical support service within the organisation including the maintenance of both computerised and manual systems, for example, filing and photocopying, and the processing of internal and external mail.
- To perform a range of business support tasks in accordance with agreed procedures and processes, for example, cash handling, call handling, data input and extraction, and other relevant duties.
- To provide a word processing service from draft documents or audio tapes (if required) including routine correspondence in the form of letters, memos, reports and other documents involving creative layouts (for example, PowerPoint presentations).
- To utilise a variety of basic office-related IT software packages and specific departmental or service IT systems as required.
- To assist in the preparation, compilation and distribution of routine statistical, performance and other information.
- To assist in the provision of a range of routine business related activities, for example, finance, Human Resources, customer support, IS/IT and general administration.
- To arrange meetings and take minutes and notes as appropriate.
- To maintain a high level of customer care and deal with internal and external customers of the service either face-to-face or by telephone and e-mail including the cover of front desk or reception duties as required.
- To use various office machinery or equipment where appropriate, for example, binders, laminators, fax machines, photocopiers, shredders or other relevant equipment.
- To know and understand individual and team goals and to prioritise own work to fulfil own area of responsibility to meet agreed standards of performance.
- To participate in the identification of own and team training and development needs and the implementation of an agreed training and development programme as appropriate.
- To undertake any other relevant duties that may be assigned as required by the line manager and commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants will be required to undertake a computer based assessment test. These tests will assess applicants' data entry, grammar, spelling, MS Outlook, MS Word and MS Excel skills.
Applicants must pass these tests to the agreed standards to be considered for appointment.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Robyn Barry. Robyn.Barry@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.