Business Support Officer with PA duties required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 6 mos. initial
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder co-ordinates business support on behalf of the FPS Senior Management Team (FPS SMT), including co-ordination of Information Governance, Risk Management, Performance Monitoring, Key Performance Indicators, Service Level Agreements and Project Monitoring.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following:
- Knowledge of the full range of business and organisational policies and procedures, acquired through training and relevant experience.
- Provide business support to FPS SMT to deliver projects, working closely with the project payments/registration/e-business team, suppliers and users of facilities and systems associated with these projects. This includes acting as first point of contact for all programme/project communications and cascading of relevant project, policy and strategic information across the payments/ registration/e-business team as directed by FPS SMT.
- Exercise judgement when dealing with staff, Contractors and members of the public, external contacts, and customers.
- Responsible for scheduling workload and works without supervision. Providing direction on a day-to-day basis to FPS SMT. Ensuring that resources are available, and arrangements are in place for staff and the department to meet directorate and organisational deadlines.
- Utilise IT based solutions for the management and control of the workload of the department, producing routine and ad hoc reports as required.
- Dealing daily with complex telephone enquiries and handling difficult and verbally aggressive members of the public, for example, complainants/people who use our services (i.e., DES violent patients list). Make judgements as to what action needs to be taken.
- Responsible for the co-ordination of FOIs and Complaints within FPS and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage the Risk Register including updating actions. Co-ordinating risk register meetings with the FPS Senior Management Team and liaising with the Governance and Risk Officer where necessary including updating of the Corporate Risk Register.
- Assisting FPS SMT in developing Risk Register and Action Plan within appropriate timescales.
- Updating and maintaining databases and/or spread sheets relevant to work area, and manage meeting arrangements including the taking and distribution of minutes etc.
- Ensuring all urgent and/or confidential communications are received and distributed from/to relevant parties in a timely manner.
- Organising and planning events, as necessary, developing supporting information material.
1a. Relevant University degree/professional qualification and have worked for at least one years in an administrative capacity, with experience of working in Governance, Risk Management, Performance Monitoring, Service Level Agreements or Project Monitoring
1b. Have worked for four years in in an administrative capacity with experience of working in Governance, Risk Management, Performance Monitoring, Service Level Agreements or Project Monitoring
- Have excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing and the ability to develop and maintain good interpersonal relationships with staff at all levels
- Have excellent organisational skills and experience of working to tight deadlines
- Working knowledge and competency in use of information technology, including MS Word and MS Excel
- Can collate and analyse data and produce reports, including recommendations for action.
- Hold a full current driving license valid for use in the UK and have access to a car on appointment
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.