Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Coleraine require a Business Support Officer to join their team.
Role : Business Support Officer
Location : Coleraine
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.66 p/hr 13 weeks + £13.18 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Reporting to the Business Support and Administration Manager, the Business Support Officer will ensure the effective and efficient delivery of business support and administration within the Planning Department.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- Assist the Business Support and Administration Manager to supervise the operational day to day function of business support and administration in the Planning Department.
- Deputise for the Business Support and Administration Manager in their absence.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- Have a third level qualification in a relevant subject such as Business Studies, Administration or Finance and be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least one year's administrative experience in a busy multi-disciplinary office environment.
- Be able to demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples on the application form, at least three years' administrative experience in a busy multi-disciplinary office environment.
- Applicants must have one year's relevant experience in each of the following areas:
- Preparation and collation of information for publication/reporting.
- Responding to customer requests and resolving customer complaints.
- Recording, monitoring and management of databases.
- Experience in the use of the following Microsoft Office packages - Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of legislative requirements in relation to Information Governance including records management, retention, access, management and secure disposal of records.
- Knowledge of Freedom of Information and Environmental Information Regulations 2004.
Desirable Criteria :
- Experience in the use of specialist ICT software such as Planning Portal and Total.
- Be able to demonstrate one year's supervisory experience to include directing employees.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.