Main Purpose of Post
- The post holder will carry out business support and administrative duties across the Leisure & Development Directorate, reporting to the Business Support Officer.
- The post holder will provide an efficient, professional and customer orientated service for visitors and staff to the Leisure & Development Directorate.
- The post holder may be asked to provide cover in any specific duty within the Directorate for any other member of the Business Support and Administration Team.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBITLIES:
- Provide a comprehensive and confidential administrative service across the Leisure & Development Directorate to include compiling letters, mail-merge, memos, forms, reports, tenders, specifications, Licences, flyers, charts or graphs as necessary.
- Act as first point of contact for incoming telephone, email and mail enquiries for the service area, manage through prompt and appropriate response, screening, prioritising and redirecting as required.
- In the absence of Business Support staff within other service areas take telephone calls and messages and redirect as required.
- Implement administrative processes and procedures with regards to projects and management information requirements.
- Maintain filing/records management in line with the Council's Retention and Disposal Schedule. Ensure filing is carried out regularly.
- Maintain the highest standards of customer care across the Leisure & Development Directorate with potential and existing customers including receiving requests for service, enquiries and complaints. Process same and action or direct to appropriate Supervisor/Manager.
- Updating of ICT systems/databases.
- Process purchase orders, code and prepare invoices for payment; check costings against tenders and quotations; check calculations.
- Collect and receipt monies from the public in payment of Council services relating to the Leisure & Development Directorate. Prepare and reconcile weekly lodgments. Responsible for safe keeping of the cash boxes.
- Arrange meetings for various committees' attend same, prepare agendas for meetings, take minutes and distribution of the same as per Managers instructions.
- Assist with the preparation of events, meetings and functions including booking of rooms, administration, catering and any other associated duties.
- Prepare and check statistical and organisational data for management reports/budgets/ databases/spreadsheets, ensure deadlines are met.
- Collate contract documentation for tendering purposes.
- Review and maintain Council's website as required.
- Report on sickness, holiday and attendance of staff to the Business Support & Administration Manager.
- Open, process, distribute and record mail.
- Maintain supply of stationery for use within the Directorate.
- Collate and compile accurate data/reports for officers within the Department.
- Providing excellent customer service using all telecommunications available.
- Assist in training of new Business Support staff to the Directorate.
- Maintain effective communications and liaison within the Business Support and Administration Team in order to deliver the service within the Directorate.
- Build positive relationships with other staff and colleagues.
- In all areas of work promote a positive image of the Council
- Five GCSE's (Grade A- C) or equivalent, including English language and a numerical subject
- Be able to demonstrate by proving personal and specific examples two years experience in a busy multidisciplinary office environment.
- Competent use in word processing
- Competent in the use of the Microsoft Office Packages in particular, word, excel,outlook
- General administration duties, dealing with the public, cash handling and cash reconciliation, dealing with stock
- Experience of data inputting into workplace ICT systems/databases .
- Microsoft Office products to include Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook
Temporary ongoing role to start immediately if you are interested please call Ashleigh 028 25642699 or email cv to Ashleigh.email@example.com