Location: County Antrim
Based within the Procurement Department, the successful candidate will assist in the sourcing and procuring of materials, managing suppliers, negotiation of prices, stock control, cost reductions and supporting NPD and strategic sourcing initiatives.
This role involves negotiating; the ordering of materials, including scientific products and components for our R&D and manufacturing divisions, ensuring the inventory status is maintained to provide continuous production, while abiding by principles of lean management. This role will also require communicating regularly with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of goods and expected quality within specification. Preparing and issuing quotation requests, carrying out quotation analysis and evaluation; negotiating with suppliers whilst monitoring cost and exploring and implementing cost reduction opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Qualified to degree level (at least 2:1) in a Science, Engineering or Business related discipline
- Demonstrable negotiation experience from a similar role
- CIPS qualified or willing to work towards
- Strong interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to work accurately and to tight deadlines
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Be driven and self-motivated
- Scientific or Engineering background
- Experience of sourcing suppliers
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Glenda at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across;
Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Manufacturing and Procurement & Medical/Healthcare.