Buyer - Bakery Products
Buyer - Bakery Products
- Join a supportive, hard-working team with a passion for food
- Source & purchase baking ingredients and products for a wide range of clients
- Permanent role with an established market leading company
At Staffline Recruitment we have a super opportunity available for an experienced Buyer with a strong food background to join a busy Buying Team with an established reputation for the source and supply of quality bakery products,
The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar role; negotiating with suppliers and identifying new products. A passion and strong knowledge of food products will be essential for all applicants along with an understanding of food supply and demand dynamics.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Buying for the Bakery & Ingredients sectors
- Buying and tracking commodity contracts. Flour, fats, sugar, fruits
- Dealing with Supplier's day to day.
- Supplier set up. Compiling information for supplier approval and product set up.
- Provide assistance to the Marketing Team in planning and execution of seasonal launches and brochures
- Range reviews, benchmarking and tenders.
- Solve pricing queries from suppliers and assist Accounts dept. with Invoice matching queries
- Support the Sales and Commercial team with general queries on range & price
- Work closely with the Supply team to avoid shortages and assist with Supplier delivery issues
- Build relationships with our suppliers and negotiate annual suppliers rebates and loyalty bonuses
- Agree with supplier's promotion costs and volume availability, maintaining and updating promotion Masterfile preparing pricing for Commercial approval.
- Maintain supplier contracts ensuring that all agreements are in writing and on file
- Assist in implementation of data tidy up and process improvement
Interested candidates will meet the following requirements:
- Passion for food is essential
- 3 - 5 years experience in a similar role
- Bakery ingredients buying experience would be an advantage
- Bakery commodity product knowledge would be an advantage
- Microsoft office ( Excel, Word and Power Point)
- Excellent organisational & communication skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- ERP system knowledge
- Category Management experience an advantage
- FMCG or Wholesale experience an advantage
This person needs to have a positive attitude, work on their initiative as much as possible while being part of a team, with the requirement to be flexible to change.
This permanent position will offer a salary in the region of €40,000 - €45,000 depending on experience. Immediate interviews will be held for suitable candidate.
To be considered for this opportunity, please send a copy of your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link. For further information call Laura directly on 086 1409232.