Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Buyer/ Planner on behalf of our client based in Dundalk Co. Louth. This is a core role within our client's operations team and the individual will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the supply chain forecast analysis and inventory management.
- Inventory Management - manage inventory levels in line with agreed targets and report monthly on the status of inventory levels for assigned portfolio.
- Maintain, prepare, and release purchase orders.
- Review supplier order confirmations for accuracy.
- Coordinate shortage and expediting activities with suppliers. Ensure that required components are purchased to meet production schedule needs. Problem solve and take corrective action as necessary.
- Set and maintain MRP system item planning parameters (lead times, minimum order quantities, safety stock, ROP's etc.).
- Identify and challenge safety stock levels, MOQ's, component & Finished Goods lead-times as part of inventory management.
- Analyse inventory and planned order requirements and make recommendations to achieve inventory objectives.
- Manage Supplier performance through conducting scorecard reviews and developing and implementing. action plans for improvement.
- Preparing procurement reports for senior management when required.
- Analyse customer forecasts, understand & highlight the gaps.
- All applicants must have a minimum of 3 years' experience in procurement within the Manufacturing industry sector.
- Good experience in low volume/high mix manufacturing.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Detailed knowledge of purchasing methods and procedures.
- Initiates, sponsors, and implements change. Works cooperatively with others to produce innovative solutions.
- Solves problems by gathering data and using logic to arrive at decisions or solutions that achieve the desired outcome.
- High level of IT skills, especially Excel
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Strong sense of customer focus and teamwork
- Works with a sense of urgency and attention to detail always.
- Self-starter with ability to work on own initiative under minimal supervision
- 3rd level qualification in Business, Materials Management, Supply Chain Management, or another equivalent is preferred.