Buyer / Procurement Coordinator - Construction
At Staffline Recruitment we are currently seeking to recruit an experienced Buyer / Procurement Coordinator ideally with a background working in construction / engineering / electronics.
The position will be offered as a 12 month contract and remote working will be an option for the successful candidate.
This is a Senior Role within the Supply Chain Team where the post holder will co-ordinate procurement and supply of specified product to fulfill Project Purchasing requirements, ensuring on time delivery in line with forecast. Duties will also include continuous benchmarking of supplier pricing and management of supplier relationships to provide best value whilst supporting excellence in supplier performance.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Order products and services for Install Projects, Service and Maintenance Requirements, Indirect Spend in line with business requirements.
- Manage the procurement and supply to overseas sites whilst working closely with internal and external stakeholdes to ensure on time delivery.
- Negotiate Project Pricing with suppliers.
- Continuous benchmarking of supplier pricing and identification of alternative routes of supply in line with business demands.
- Supplier Relationship and Performance Management.
- Contribute to reporting of year on year supplier savings.
- To operate and develop the materials and logistics activities to support the requirements of the integrated branch network.
- Involvement in strategic purchasing initiatives, including analysis of spend, new supplier identification, selection and onboarding to meet operational and technical needs, with the necessary support.
- Statutory reporting of WEEE and REPAK.
- Provide support and guidance to Supply Chain colleagues and internal stakeholders as required.
- Support AP on invoice query resolution.
- To ensure own compliance with the Company's Ethical, EH&S and CSR policies.
- Liaise with the technical support department to ensure logistic and technical requirements are met where required.
- Be involved in supplier performance measurements, and report against predetermined targets
- Be an active, involved member of the Supply Chain Team.
- Participate in the creation and implementation of procurement policies and procedures.
- To carry out procurement administration as and when required.
Applicants will meet the following requirements:
- 3-5 years purchasing experience.
- Excellent IT skills, including Excel, Teams, Outlook.
- Experience of JDE purchasing systems is desirable. Alternative ERP Systems acceptable.
- Experience of analytical tools and techniques
- Results orientated with strong attention to detail and conscientiousness.
- Accountable and invested in their work. Cares about what they do and is driven to deliver on what is forecast. Will go the extra mile.
- Ability to anticipate challenges and mitigate risk.
- Commercially focused and a self-starter.
- Analytical and numerate.
- Enthusiasm and flexibility
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Ability to demonstrate capabilities in communication at all levels
This is an urgent requirement with our client. They are ready to interview and ready to hire!
Please do not delay in sending your cv for immediate review to Laura Craughwell at Staffline Recruitment vis the enclosed link.
For further information call Laura directly on 086 1409232.