Purchasing Officer - Temporary Ongoing
The successful candidate will play a vital role in ensuring that the most cost-effective and appropriate materials are purchased according to established policy and procedure to improve site performance
- Commercial acumen
- Experience within purchasing and supply chain, buyer experience is desirable
- SAP experience desirable but not essential
- Negotiation skills
- Detail orientated
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Self-starter and the ability to work on own initiative
- Business Knowledge
- Strong computer skills - MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Purchase and expedite delivery of raw materials, equipment, supplies, spare parts, and services to maintain continuous and efficient plant operations.
- You will be working day to day with our existing supply base and finding and onboarding new suppliers as required. Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with that supply base to ensure that information flow is good and required standards are maintained is key part of the role.
- Ensure all Customs Clearance for importation of spares are completed in a timely manner and all paperwork in relation to Customs Clearance is available/traceable for auditable purposes.
- Deal with day-to-day internal and external purchasing queries quickly and efficiently
- Obtain quotes from suppliers and ensure the optimum balance is achieved on price and delivery times
- Process invoice queries.
- Compile, store and retrieve purchasing records on SAP system
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with external stakeholders and suppliers
- Ensure Health & Safety and Environmental standards and targets are met and maintained within defined company procedures and legislative requirements.
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.