Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a Cad/Revit Engineering Technician to join our clients team based in Co. Meath. Working closely with and reporting to the Technical Director, you will be a key member of the new Product Development and Technical Team.
The Role will be predominantly based at the Irish Head office however, may require some travel relating to site visits across Ireland, UK, and Europe. The ideal candidate will be looking for a career opportunity to develop their skills within an established and internationally expanding company.
This varied role will include 3 principal areas of responsibility.
The duties include:
New Product Development
Working with the Technical on looking at suitable products that will expand our offering to our customer. As part of your role, you will be responsible for:
- Past experience of Mechanical Engineering projects would be an distinct advantage.
- Creating technical drawings, reports, Bill of Materials and purchasing specifications.
- Drawing in CAD /REVIT to optimise designs for the products function.
- Liaising with component suppliers to ensure that the optimum materials are being utilized in the products.
- Understanding of refrigeration principles and space cooling
- Ability to read technical layout drawings (technical drawings experience desirable / Read Mech/Elec drawings)
- Work with our structural engineers to draw up design details and develop manufacturing drawings.
- Liaise with our refrigeration provider to optimise refrigeration and product specifications.
- Understand the concept and principles of modular construction.
- Work with the Sales leaders to understand what products exist in the market currently or where gaps exist for new products and offerings.
- Proficient in AUTOCAD and REVIT is desirable.
While document control and traceability are a fundamental requirement for quality control of any engineering role, this role will have a focus on the Pharmaceutical industry, so knowledge of supply or engineering for this sector would be important.
- Excellent Document Control methodology and experience to ISO standards
- Experience of engineering in or supply of engineering services into the Pharmaceutical sector would be beneficial.
- Creation of installed drawings and O&M Manuals.
- An understanding of pharmaceutical validation processes (desirable).
- Participation in tender preparation as required.
- Capability of representing Engineering in audits by customers or regulatory authority.
- Liaise with client to ensure that performance and delivery criteria and client requirements are being met.
- Implement best practice for drawing and project control.
- Travel to customer sites as required for site survey, client drawing review, install, commissioning, validation, or client management as required.
- Communicate with Production, Sales, Client, and sub-contractors regarding the planning & implementation of projects.
- Assist with Cost Control on projects where you have the engineering role.
- Good knowledge of Site Health & Safety best practices.
Skills and Education
- Relevant Degree in Mechanical, Electrical engineering or Architectural Technician
- Experience of the Pharmaceutical sector would be an advantage
- Strong attention to detail
- Computer literate
- Proficiency in AUTOCAD and REVIT (or TEKLA)
- Experience in BIM would be an advantage.
- Full clean drivers' licence
Ability to represent the company in a professional manner at all times