Capital Build and Asset Coordinator
Capital Build and Asset Coordinator
The Client: Local Public organisation based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and implementation of NIFRS' capital build strategy and oversee capital build projects, ensuring that they are effectively planned and managed, and improve NIFRS' estate.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in ensuring the successful project management of multimillion capital build projects on time and within budget, ensuring contractual responsibilities and obligations are met and results are evaluated against budget and programme targets.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to develop capital and revenue programmes, and budgets; exercising a tight control over expenditure, providing effective and timely contingency if required.
- Establish, develop and maintain relationships with the Central Procurement Directorate (Health Projects), external design teams, main and sub-contractors.
- Work closely with the Facilities Team in the design and delivery of capital projects to ensure completed infrastructure can be efficiently integrated and operated.
- To support the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the preparation, management and delivery of any required capital improvement plans relating to the existing NIFRS' estate.
- To assist the Capital Build and Asset Manager in the development and management of a procurement framework to ensure access to or provision of suitable and relevant professional expertise in a cost effective and timely fashion.
- Monitor and review where necessary current systems and processes, making recommendations for improvement and implementing changes as appropriate.
- Be responsible for design and contractual procedures for capital projects, minor improvements, estate investment and fire, health and safety schemes as delegated.
- To scope and develop proposals for Capital Project works and determine feasibility.
- To develop scheme proposals using architectural drawing software.
- Undertake project work as directed by the Capital Build and Asset Manager using the principles of good project management.
Experience and Qualifications:
Applicants must provide evidence by the closing date for application that they meet the following essential criteria:
- Possess a Degree level qualification in a relevant subject such as, Construction; Building Surveying; Energy and Building Services Engineering; Planning & Property Development; Estates Management or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years' post Graduate experience working in a capital projects management role.
- Demonstrable experience of successfully managing new build construction projects.
- Demonstrable experience of successful delivery of construction procurement and contract management.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of architectural design software.
- Can demonstrate:
(a) excellent planning, communication and organisational ability;
(b) ability to work under pressure of multiple deadlines;
(c) strong interpersonal and influencing skills;
(d) a strong customer orientation.
- Possess a full, current UK driving licence or have access to a form of transport which enables them to fulfil the full requirements of the job
- Possess a project management qualification e.g. Prince2.
- Have experience of working within local government or the public sector.
Hours of work: 36.25 hours
- Rates of pay £17.41 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.