Capital Finance Officer
Capital Finance Officer
Band 4 Capital Finance officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £11.53 p/h
Location: Franklin street, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
Assist in operating, maintaining and updating the Fixed Asset Management System
- Ensure that all transactions are appropriately recorded and reconciled to the General Ledger, with all differences cleared, within the agreed timeframe.
- Assist in the verification of the fixed assets, ensuring that all they are appropriately accounted for within capital accounting procedures.
- Assist in the development, maintenance and communication of the BSO capital procedure manual.
- Assist in updating the fixed asset register on Real Asset Management system for asset additions, disposals, transfer of assets and any other events on assets throughout the year.
- Assist the Capital Supervisor in the reconciliation of RAM to general ledger preparation of month end and year end accounts
- Create, maintain and enhance effective working relationships.
- Assist in the preparation of capital asset register in preparation of year-end audit
- Review monthly accounting and ensuring capital notes are accurate and reasonable by reviewing key monthly financial information.
- To ensure the accuracy and completeness of the fixed asset register
- Responsibility for reviewing progress and process on verification of the physical assets on RAM.
- To ensure that all Capital Accounting Information Systems are developed and kept up to date.
- Work with the Capital Supervisor to develop standard procedures for the monthly capital accounting processes
- Contribute to ensuring strong internal financial controls within capital accounting.
Experience in the use financial accounting systems
- Relevant finance experience
- Experience in Microsoft office applications particularly Microsoft excel and word.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to meet the needs of the post in full.
- An ability to work on own initiative and with others in a team.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.