|Salary||£16.54 - £18.35 per hour|
|Published||25 days ago|
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Capital Projects Officer to join their team.
Role : Capital Projects Officer
Location : Ballymoney
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £16.54 13 weeks + £18.35
Main Duties :
- Effectively manage each stage of a capital project from feasibility and procurement process through to the completion of the project, ensuring all capital projects are completed within the budget allocated, timeframe set and specification of project.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- An HND or degree, or equivalent, qualification in a building or construction related subject.
- Two years' experience providing architectural services in the building industry/construction field.
- Alternatively consideration may be given to applicants who do not possess the required educational qualification outlined above but who can demonstrate that they have a minimum of three years' experience providing architectural services in the building industry/construction field.
- All applicants must have two years' experience in all of the following areas:
- Project Management of works exceeding £500k by directly managing both in-house and external multi-disciplinary design teams.
- Procurement of services and contracts relating to capital projects and works delivery inclusive of:
- PQQ (Pre-Qualification Questionnaires) and Tender Documentation
- Tender evaluations and assessments;
- Use of NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract and other forms of contract.
- Development and implementation of project programmes to manage design and construction phases to achieve specified cost, time and quality parameters.
- Proficient use of AutoCad in the preparation of working drawings.
- Two years' experience in the use of Microsoft Office applications to include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of the appropriate contract documentation, design quality and sustainability issues and the management of procurement of consultants and contractors in full compliance with applicable statutory obligations and requirements.
- An understanding and awareness of legislative compliance.
- A working knowledge of health and safety legislation and statutory obligations of Client and Contractors.
- A full current driving licence (Category B, valid in the UK) and access to a vehicle that will enable the post holder to meet the requirements of the post OR have access to a form of transport that enables you to carry out the duties of the post.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.