£12.76 per hour
35 hours per week (7 day week - mornings, evenings & weekends)
To be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support Depaul service users. Working to a
housing-led, low threshold, harm reduction approach, where service users receive a high degree of support and advice.
My client has a commitment to service user participation and to empowering our service users to manage their own lives.
The aim of the role is to support and signpost service users into services that will improve their housing, health and wellbeing while improving the service users quality of life. This is achieved through the provision of engagement and individualised support plans, targeted interventions, signposting and group work. You will work proactively form strong relationships and gain service users' trust, striving to provide the best possible service levels at all times.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY!
Service user focus
● To provide service user support in a person lead manner, which is both professional and respectful.
● Assess the safety and wellbeing needs of the service user and develop plans which address and reduce identified risks.
● In partnership with service users, to assess their needs and develop support plans, which are flexible and respond to the changing needs of the service users.
● To work with service users and relevant external agencies in order to deliver meaningful and effective key working
● To support service users to integrate with their communities in line with good neighbourhood principals.
● To advocate on behalf of service users to achieve the best outcomes for them.
● Provide outreach work within the community based on service delivery needs
Health & Safety
● To ensure that Health and Safety standards are met within the service in accordance with my client's Health and Safety policy and procedures.
● To undertake assigned duties regarding the overall health and safety and security of the service and utilize available security systems to manage risk relevant to the service.
- To ensure completion of all relevant wellbeing and health and safety checks
Administration & Record Keeping
● Carry out service administration tasks such as; upkeep of client records, financial transactions, internal and external reports, incident and accident management and other record keeping relevant to the roles.
● To remain vigilant to IT and cyber risks and comply at all times with my client's IT Security policies.
● To be a contributing team player, taking part in handovers, team meetings, core training, the mentoring of Volunteers and supporting other team members in ensuring all decision making is appropriate and consistent
● To at all times undertake your role in a professional manner maintaining a high quality standard of work in line with my clients Values and ethos.
Qualifications & Experience
A formal Level 3 qualification in a social care field, e.g. diploma in health and social care or equivalent
At least 2 years paid relevant work experience
At least 3 years paid relevant work experience
3 formal qualifications at Level 2 to include Math and English, e.g. GCSE's or NVQ
Good working knowledge of risk assessment and risk management processes
Good IT skills, including working knowledge of using IT systems to record client information
Good written and verbal communication skills.
The ability to compile and present accurate written and electronic reports
Have an understanding of homelessness and the issues that can lead to homelessness
Have an understanding of what supports can be offered in homeless services to promote positive futures
Have knowledge/experience of working with needs assessment, key working and support planning for service users
Have a knowledge of the statutory and voluntary sector resources available to people experiencing homelessness or at risk of homelessness
Understand the importance for Health and Safety standards in the delivery of services on a day to day basis.
Knowledge of relevant statutory and voluntary agencies and the ability to network/liaise with all relevant bodies
Knowledge and willingness to work within the guidelines of my clients vision mission and values.
Ability to work on a rota basis (7 day week - Mornings, Evenings & Weekends)
This Post is subject to an Enhanced Access NI check. Having a criminal record will not necessarily debar you from working with my client. This will depend on the nature of the position, together with the circumstances and background of your offences or other information contained on a disclosure certificate.
This post is subject to NISCC registration, if you do not hold a valid registration this must be completed within your probationary period.
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org
STAFFLINE MEDICAL are a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.