CASE WORKER - HOUSING FIRST
|Published||about 1 month ago|
CASE WORKER - HOUSING FIRST
35 hrs per week - permanent
£23,218.65 (£12.76 per hour)
Your new role!
You will be a member of a multi-disciplined team using holistic approaches to support service users. Working to a housing-led, low threshold, harm reduction approach, where service users receive a high degree of support and advice. My client has a commitment to service user participation and to empowering our service users to manage their own lives.
The aim of the role is to support and signpost service users into services that will improve their housing, health and wellbeing while improving the service users quality of life. This is achieved through the provision of engagement and individualised support plans, targeted interventions, signposting and group work. You will work proactively form strong relationships and gain service users' trust, striving to provide the best possible service levels at all times.
- Comprehensive induction
- 35 Days annual leave
- Income Protection insurance
- Excellent supervisor/ operational support
- Occupational Sick Leave
- Extensive learning & development programmes
- A formal Level 3 qualification in a social care field, e.g. diploma in health and social care or equivalent and at least 2 years paid relevant work experience
- At least 3 years paid relevant work experience and 3 formal qualifications at Level 2 to include Math and English, e.g. GCSE's or NVQ
- Ability to work on a rota basis - 7 day week (mornings, evenings & weekends)
- Essential: a full driving license and full access to a car insured for business purposes
- Good working knowledge or risk assessment and risk assessment management
- The ability to compile and present accurate written and electronic reports
- Have an understanding of what supports can be offered to promote positive futures
- Knowledge/experience of working with needs assessment, key working and support planning
- Assess safety and wellbeing needs, developing plans which address and reduce identified risks
- Create a professional and respectful partnership with the service user, to develop flexible support plans, responding to changing needs
- Work with relevant external agencies and our service users for meaningful and effective key working
- Complete admin tasks; client records, financial transactions, reports, incident/accident management
- Manage health & safety and security risks relevant to the service
Please forward your CV to Angela Hughes at Staffline Recruitment by clicking on APPLY. You can also contact Angela on 02890 242824 ext 404 / 07826064920 or via email email@example.com
The Staffline Recruitment Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Staffline Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.