Main Purpose of Post
- Delivery of effective, efficient, customer focused sports and leisure activities linked to the needs of the service, including the Healthy Living & Sport Service Unit Activity Programme; the post holder will be involved in the instruction, supervision and control of members of the public taking part in classes and/or activities, enforcing Health and Safety regulations and standard operating procedures at all times.
- The post holder will be expected to provide high quality services through the effective use and development of Council resources. Responsible for delivering continuous improvement that provides effective and efficient service delivery with strong focus on tangible outcomes for service users.
- The post holder will be required to positively support management and colleagues and assist in the provision of customer focused service delivery.
- The post holder will be flexible to provide cover in any specific duty within Sport & Wellbeing and will be required to work flexibly across and throughout the Council area, ensuring that resources are deployed effectively, in order to respond to service priorities and to facilitate professional development.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In accordance with personal qualifications and required role(s), ensure the effective and positive delivery of customer-focused coaching/instruction linked to the needs and objectives of the service. This will include those contained within the Service Unit Activity Programme, Healthy Living & Sport Service Unit Activity Programme and/or similar programmes;
- Carry out administrative duties in relation to the activity programme as deemed appropriate for the particular service provided, as and when required.
- Knowledge of and adherence to standard operating procedures including all Council and Centre policies / procedures and emergency action plans relevant to each facility.
- When required, and following adequate training, assist with the safe handling, erecting, dismantling and storage of equipment required for the activity / class
- Responsible for ensuring accidents / incidents are dealt with efficiently and promptly while accurately recording details in respect of potential insurance claims. Inform line manager(s) of all such incidents.
- Report any defects or damage to equipment or building to appropriate personnel in order to ensure problems are dealt with and do not pose a risk to other employees and/or customers.
- Promote positive internal communications with management and colleagues.
- Promote positive external communications with customers, members of the public, visitors, private organisations and other Government/Statutory bodies who have contact with Council.
- Develop strong, positive working relationships with other departments, functions and members.
- In all areas of work, promote a positive image of the Council.
- Where requested provide assistance to management to aid in supporting the Council and elected Members to fulfil their democratic role and support democratic procedures.
- Ensure the day to day activities and procedures within Leisure and Development support strong and transparent governance.
- Demonstrate an open commitment to actively promoting and celebrating diversity, promoting social inclusion and community cohesion.
- Attend work related training, seminars and workshops as required.
- Act in accordance with the Code of Conduct for local Government employees.
- Comply with and actively promote the Council's policies and procedures, including those relating to Fair employment, Equal Opportunities, and Health, Safety and Wellbeing.
- Undertake the duties outlined above in a way which will enhance and protect the reputation and public profile of the Council.
- Undertake any other duties as deemed appropriate to the achievement of the purpose and function of this post.
- One years experience working within a leisure/fitness environment
- Must possess a valid Level Two Fitness Instructor Qualification (with Gym)
- Experience of Health & Safety at work
- One years experience of cleaning in a work environment
- Possess a valid First Aid Qualification
All applicants will need to complete an Access NI disclosure due to nature of role.
Please call Ashleigh @ Staffline 028 25642699 or email cv to firstname.lastname@example.org