Casual Recreation Assistant
The Client: Local government body based in Lisburn, serving local residents.
- Help ensure the safe handling, erection/dismantling of all sports/activity equipment both within and outside the facility to ensure that all activity areas are suitably prepared and safe for customer use.
- Help ensure that all relevant statutory health and safety requirements and Lisburn & Castlereagh City Council health and safety policies, procedures and work instructions are adhered to at all times.
- Help ensure that the highest standards of cleanliness and housekeeping are maintained throughout the facility by carrying out associated cleaning duties, operating cleaning equipment/machinery and helping to ensure the safe storage of sports equipment, cleaning materials/chemicals etc.
- Help ensure that all Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult legislation, published relevant guidelines and Council policies are complied with in the operation of the services and activities of the facility, to help ensure a safe environment for both customers and work colleagues.
- Assist with the general control and supervision of customers to help ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for all and deal with all customer contacts in a positive, helpful and friendly manner. Provide cover at reception/front of house areas as and when required.
- Ensure that all duties are carried out with a high level of customer focus and that all customer contacts, queries and comments are dealt with in a positive manner, with product knowledge and awareness key in dealing effectively with customers.
Hours of work: various hours per week
Qualifications and Experience
It is essential that applicants have a minimum of:
1.1 A relevant recognised current coaching qualification.
1.2 A minimum of one** years' experience of dealing with the public in a customer service related environment.
Where applicants do not hold the qualification as outlined in 1.1 above, they must demonstrate a minimum of 3 years' experience as outlined in 1.2 above.
1.3 Awareness of Child Protection and Vulnerable Adult issues.
It is desirable that candidates have a minimum of:
- One years' experience of working within a leisure facility (e.g. Outdoor Sports Pitches, Leisure Centre, Recreation Centre, Private Fitness Club or other sport/leisure organisation).
- A Current First Aid at Work Qualification.
- It is desirable that applicants have knowledge of Health and Safety requirements specific to the Leisure Industry.
Rate of pay: £10.19/£11.39 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.