Grafton Procurement and Supply, Belfast are delighted to have partnered with a global professional firm that operates in the financial, energy and commodities markets. My client have invested heavily in Belfast operations and are now seeking to appoint a Category Buyer to join their business.
The Category Buyer will work closely with the Strategic Category Procurement team, with focus on delivering a seamless end to end procurement process to the business, from assisting the Category Manager with sourcing processes and queries to managing supplier onboarding, purchase order requests and processing etc. The Category Buyer will also work with the Category Team to ensure renewals are managed effectively each month.
Manage P2P process, including
- Ensuring requisition and subsequent PO are raised accurately for all suppliers
- Track Contract and PO renewals effectively, engaging with and supporting the Category Manager and key business stakeholders to ensure processes are proactively managed
- Ensure all open purchase orders are reviewed, receipted and closed out on a regular basis, including month-end close
- Be custodians of the procurement policy and best practice including no PO, no pay principles
- Identify opportunities to improve systems to positively influence successful outcomes
- Support Global Travel Manager and Travel Category Manager with Travel queries, and operational/administrative processes
Communication and Leadership
- Be able to communicate to both internal and external stakeholders
- Participate in renewals and seek opportunities to drive best practice in the business by ensuring appropriate purchase orders are raised
- Deliver effective updates to key business stakeholders throughout the procurement process
Change, Risk and Issue Management
- Identify and escalate risks as appropriate
- Identify tools and methodologies to improve the effectiveness of the procurement process
The successful Category Buyer will join a renowned, engaging business who provide innovative products and services that enhance investment and contribute to economic growth. My client are known in the market for their Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. You will join a business culture where employees and stakeholders respect clients and each other, without bias. As Senior Buyer you will be expected to uphold these values and principles at all times.
Highly competitive remuneration and benefits package available to include market-leading base salary, bonus structure, pension, private health care, life assurance and more. Hours are 37.5 per week, Monday to Friday.
In order to be successful, you should be educated to degree level and have significant experience in a supply chain or procurement environment. You should have demonstrable experience in supplier negotiation, managing and administrating tenders, raising purchase orders and approving invoices. In addition, your CV should demonstrate:
- Oracle or equivalent ERP system experience
- Experience of contracts management tools
- Technical knowledge in benchmarking of suppliers, supplier onboarding and e-tendering
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills, in particular, Excel
Preference will be given to candidates who, as well as above, can demonstrate:
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Financial sector experience
- Experience of procurement in facilities, frequent, complex IT hardware /software or services environments
- CIPS qualified or working towards it
- Experience of procurement in the US or APAC regions
- Experience of an ERP/EBS system introduction or continuous improvement of an established system
- Experience of processing medium to high volume purchase orders
Interested candidates are meeting the criteria should forward an updated CV without delay via this advertisement. If you would like to discuss this Category Buyer jobs in more detail please contact me, Kelly Jennings, Specialist Procurement and Supply Chain recruiter at Grafton. Your CV should clearly demonstrate your most relevant experience as per the criteria above.
If this Senior Buyer is not quite what you are looking for, but you are interested in other procurement or supply chain roles I would be delighted to hear from you - I am registering new jobs every day.
Only candidate's whose CV is meeting the minimum criteria on this advert will be accepted.