Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymena requires Catering Assistants to join their team.
15 Hours per week - Part Time - 2 Full Days a week.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- · The basic preparation of food and beverages including the preparation of vegetables and snacks.
- · using appropriate equipment.
- · Simple cooking including the reconstitution of prepared food.
- · Organisation and control of food service points.
- · Recording of temperatures for control purposes as required.
- · Securing of premises as required.
- · The correct care and maintenance of the cash register.
- · Correct programming procedures and updating of prices.
- · Correct daily operational procedures to include reporting of discrepancies to Line Manager, checking float and audit roll.
- · Counting cash daily and assisting in preparing the bank lodgement.
- · Maintaining records appropriate to the cash operation.
- · The serving of meals and snacks.
- · The setting out of dining room tables, chairs, benches and serving points as required.
- · The setting of tables, laying of cutlery, water jugs etc.
- · General kitchen and dining room duties including washing up, clearing away equipment including tables, chairs and benches.
- · The cleaning of the kitchen/servery, dining room and equipment including floors and walls.
- · Replenish stock levels of vending machines as instructed by the line
- Must have GCSE English Language grade A-C or equivalent.
- Must have GCSE Maths Language grade A-C or equivalent.
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- Level 2 or equivalent in Catering
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Chloe McClay will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.