Catering Manager required for a large public sector organisation based through the Northern Ireland Belfast Civil Service
Salary: £10.468 to £10.6774 p/h
Location: Our lady and St. Patricks college
Hours: Term Time (36 to 38 weeks) Permanent - 36 hours per week - 8.00am to 3.45pm
The Catering Manager is directly responsible to the College Business Manager and supervises the day-to-day running of the Canteen supervising staff and all activities concerned with the preparation and cooking of meals in accordance with the aims and objectives of the College ensuring compliance with the Department of Education's Nutritional Standards. Team participation is essential to provide an efficient hygienic service, to achieve customer satisfaction and to promote sales within the service.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- To plan the three weekly menu with the Health Education Co-ordinator in accordance with nutritional guidelines and the suggestions of the School Nutrition Action Group(SNAG).
- To prepare and cook whatever is necessary for the daily menu including any special dietary needs.
- To supervise the work of the Cooks and Canteen Assistants.
- To ensure that sufficient supplies are ordered to maintain menus ensuring Value for Money at all times.
- To provide catering and hospitality services for in-house and third party functions, meetings and other College events.
- Overtime will be required for some events outside normal working times.
- To comply with all Food Hygiene and Health and Safety regulations and codes of practice.
- To ensure that Catering staff provide a friendly and efficient service to all customers.
- To ensure a quick throughput of customers ensuring that all serveries and till points are available and adequately staffed.
- To attend SNAG meetings.
- To facilitate the use of the dining area for other school activities outside of break and mid-day meal times.
- To ensure menus and promotions are displayed effectively.
- To ensure that the Cashless System is kept up to date in terms of menus, prices and customers.
- To ensure that student and staff accounts exceptions are notified to the College Business Manager for adjustment.
- To ensure that any cash expenditure for provisions are covered by a receipt.
- To prepare month end salary timesheets for all canteen staff.
- To produce a year end stock list.
- To attend monthly finance meetings with the College Business Manager.
- To ensure cover for colleagues on sick leave as and when required.
- To manage attendance and time keeping with the support of the College Business Manager.
- To manage disciplinary issues with the support of the College Business Manager.
- To provide health and safety induction training to casual workers, volunteers and trainees.
- To ensure that all staff have up to date hygiene certificates and if not to organise the training required through the College Business Manager.
- To ensure that the Dining Hall/Kitchen, equipment and furnishings are properly maintained and to notify the College Business Manager and FM of any damages, defects etc.
- To ensure that Dining Hall areas including the external seating in the underpass (Summer Term) are clean, safe and hygienic at all times.
- To ensure that all Kitchen and Dining Hall areas are meticulously cleaned every day.
- Catering background essential; experience of working and leading a catering a team including menu planning, ordering and stock control, cooking and attractive service of food.
- Previous experience within a school or education establishment desirable but not essential.
- Catering Software experience desirable.
- Professional Catering Qualification such as NVQ Level 2 in Food Preparation and Cooking or equivalent e.g. City & Guilds 705,706 or 706(1) or 706(2). Food Safety Level 2 (Basic Food Hygiene) Certificate. Applicants who do not possess qualifications should have a minimum of 3 years' experience of traditional cooking methods in a catering establishment, producing nutritionally balanced meals.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.