Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Chargehand to join their team.
Role : Chargehand
Location : Ballymoney/Ballycastle
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.50 p/hr 13 weeks £11.50
Main Duties :
- To oversee the on-the-ground delivery of an effective and efficient building and grounds maintenance service.
- Ensure that the department complies with all statutory and legislative requirements by adhering to these requirements and working in accordance with good governance and health and safety requirements.
- Ensure that all responsibilities are carried out in a timely and effective manner and that general confidentiality is maintained in all areas relating to the work of the Council.
- The supervision of staff in the absence of the Supervisor.
- To undertake the timely repairs of defects notified by works instructions, and sign these off when complete, or notify the Supervisor to the contrary.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A valid Health & Safety CSR /CSCS card (Successful candidates without this training at the closing date must complete the training within 3 months of appointment)
- Certified under NHSS Traffic Management scheme (Successful candidates without this training at the closing date must complete the training within 3 months of appointment)
- A minimum of two years' experience gained within a commercial environment to include the following:
- Building/Grounds maintenance to include manual work using a variety of power equipment / hand tools;
- Quantifying and ordering materials;
- Record keeping.
- One year's supervisory experience.
- A thorough knowledge of the techniques and standards of maintenance and repair of building and/or grounds.
- A knowledge and understanding of the Health and Safety requirements for the post.
- A full current driving licence (Category C1 + E valid in the UK).
- The nature of the post requires flexible working e.g. available evenings, weekends and holiday periods as required.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.