Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require a Charge-hand Driver to join their team.
Role : Charge-hand Driver
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.25 13 weeks £10.41
- Main Duties :Responsible for driving specified Council vehicles in connection with Refuse collection, Recycling collection, Street Cleansing services within any given area of the Borough.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly completion of specific work schedules in relation to listed duties.
- Responsible for the safety and supervision / transportation of the crew and for dealing/referring queries from members of the public to the supervisor.
- Responsible for the safe, legal and efficient operation of specified vehicles.
- Adhere to the appropriate driving guidelines, legislation and appropriate codes of practice.
Full JD available on request.
Essential Criteria :
Applicants must demonstrate, by providing personal and specific examples, on the application form that they possess the following essential criteria at the closing date for receipt of applications:
- A full, current LGV driving licence Category C or C+E which enables you to drive in the UK.
- A full current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification.
- At least two years' experience of:
- (A) driving a Category C or C+E vehicle in a commercial or public sector environment; and
- (B) dealing directly with members of the public, in person.
Desirable Criteria :
- At least 2 years' experience working as part of a refuse collection/cleansing team.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.