Chargehand LGV Driver
Our Client, A Large Public Sector Organisation based in Ballymoney require a Chargehand LGV Driver to join their team.
Location : Chargehand LGV Driver
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £10.93 13 weeks + £12.02
Main Duties :
- Responsible for driving specified Council vehicles in connection with Refuse collection, Recycling collection, Street Cleansing services within any given area of the Borough.
- Responsible for the daily/weekly completion of specific work schedules in relation to listed duties.
- Supervise when required refuse collection team including being responsible for their safety and dealing with or referring queries from members of the public.
- Responsible for the safe, legal and efficient operation of specified vehicles.
- Responsible for carrying out dynamic risk assessments and communicating to refuse collection team.
- Adhere to the appropriate driving guidelines, legislation and appropriate codes of practice.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- A full, current LGV driving licence Category C or C+E which enables you to drive in the UK.
- A full current Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC) qualification.
- At least two years' experience of:
- driving a Category C or C+E vehicle in a commercial or public sector environment; and
- dealing directly with members of the public, in person.
Please note all eligible applicants must undergo and successfully pass a driving assessment as part of the selection process. Only those applicants who successfully pass the driving assessment will be invited to attend the next stage of the selection process.
Applicants must undertake a minimum of 35 hours driver CPC training during a five year period to maintain their entitlement to drive.
Desirable Criteria :
- At least two years' experience working as part of a refuse collection / cleansing team.
If you are interested and meet all essential criteria please apply via the link.