CHEF DE PARTIE
ARMAGH, CO ARMAGH
FULL TIME / PERM
Our client is recruiting a Chef De Partie to join their expanding team.
To assist in the smooth running of a busy kitchen
Contract: Permanent Full Time Position
Hours of Work: Shift Pattern Basis
* Shift patterns to include early mornings, late evenings, weekends and statutory holidays or other holidays.
* Complimentary meals on shift.
* Discounted gym membership.
* Free uniform provided.
* Discounted staff, friends and family rate.
* Continued training and opportunity for career progression.
SALARY DEPENDING ON EXPERIENCE
* To present a professional and courteous attitude, to include professional presentation of uniform and hygiene.
* To ensure that all tasks are completed within the allocated time frames, maintaining the standard expected of the restaurant and producing the food to the required standard.
* To maintain effective communication and relationships with other departments to ensure effective operation and guest satisfaction.
* To liaise with the Head Chef and Sous Chef about the daily requirements of the section and to help plan the work load of the section on a weekly basis, assisting in ordering specific goods to run the section.
* To attend all training, meetings, and courses to upskill and refresh food prep skills, to be trained to a Basic Food Hygiene standard.
* To ensure a high level of cleanliness in your section and ensuring kitchen porters are using cleaning schedules - Restaurant kitchen & Bar
* To have a full working knowledge of the section and general knowledge of all the other sections.
* To be able to train Commis and apprentice chefs in basic skills and in specific other skills.
* To take responsibilities in making decisions in the absence of the sous Chef or Head Chef.
* To record food temperatures and file way, in line with company policies
* To comply with all Safety Rules and Policies and Procedures as outlined in The Employee Handbook.
* Previous experience in a similar role * The ability to work under pressure to achieve objectives within timescales, without compromising accuracy and quality. * Must be extremely organised, with the ability to make intelligent decisions when faced with competing priorities. * Excellent at both verbal and written communication, with great interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels.
Level 2 in basic food hygiene (training provided)