Chief Promotional Manager
Staffline Recruitment are currently seeking a motivated and delivery focused individual to join our client's multinational organisation. As a "Promotional Manager" you will be a self-starter with exceptional analytical and problem-solving capabilities. A can-do attitude is a must along with excellent interpersonal skills and some experience in the field of price and promotional strategies.
You will be responsible for leading Promotions across all channels and markets, to incentivise the point-of-purchase, and reduce unnecessary discounting to drive gross margins. You will be responsible for creating the department from scratch. Building data infrastructure (Snowflake), analytics (Looker), benefits tracking (Looker), and driving Promotional thought leadership across the business. You will be part of the newly formed (highly experienced) Pricing & Promotions team, with support from dedicated team in Tunis. With a view to expand out the Promotions function in the future.
- Building out the department from scratch; data (Snowflake), reporting (Looker), strategy and benefits tracking.
- Implementing P&P best practice, by working in conjunction with Customer Analytics (CLV) and Data Science teams. Further enriching the Promotions strategy, to target customer cohorts more effectively.
- Incrementality analysis - Pre V's Post & Test and Control. Building out benefits tracking in dashboard platforms (Looker).
- Using data analytics to optimising margin, and influence P&P strategy.
- Promotional conversion optimisation on multi country websites, PDP's and other customer communications platforms.
- Selecting product to put on promotion, and communicating that across other teams. Specifically Trade Planning/Marketing/Pricing/e-mail/Goldstar teams to plan promotional campaigns effectively.
- Building out campaigns so they are at least 4 weeks in advance
- Optimising the mix of promotions, to optimise margin across multiple P&P levers (order discount, product level promotions and Pricing)
- Influencing at multiple levels of a large multi-functional matrix organisation
- Presentation of key finding to other business units and Snr management, giving strategic recommendations to ensure status quo is not maintained.
- Omni-channel lead for Promotions, liaising with a variety of departments to ensure no cross-channel conflicts
- Change agent, to ensure Promotions activity on a companywide based is optimised for gross margin.
- Working in conjunction with Finance/Snr Stakeholders to ensure benefits tracking is standardised, and global
- Digging in to impacts on margin, resulting from discounting. Reducing discounting by working with channel leads, and implementing policies to reduce such activity.
- Ad-hoc analytical requests from Pricing & Promotions Director as necessary, based on business needs.
Ideal Candidate will have
- Previous experience of Promotional campaign analysis
- A B Testing experience
- Product sampling experience
- Knowledge of Price establishment and promotional regulations in worldwide markets
- Min 5 years' experience in Price & Promotions, or revenue management role
- Experience in promotional back margin, specifically CPU agreements with vendors
- Advanced Excel Skills, Intermediate/advanced SQL skills.
- Previous promotional dashboarding experience (Looker, Tableau or similar)
- Strong communications skills
- Analytically minded, and strong problem solver skills
- Independent and agile thinker
- Change Management/implementation experience
- Previous management experience, so you can build out, and manage a team in the future