Children's Play Project Co-Ordinator - €45K - City West - Public sector
Here at Staffline Recruitment we are recruiting for our client within the Public Sector on behalf of a new government initiative. This initiative involves the set up of an on-site play facility for children of families arriving from Ukraine. This contract will be for an initial 3-month period with the possibility of being extended. The successful candidate will provide a key leadership role in coordinating the play provision, managing the team, and collaborating with department staff.
The play environment will operate from 8am - 9pm, 7 days per weeks and therefore staff will be scheduled on a roster of 7.5 hours per day, 37 hours per week. Including evening and weekend work.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience service management with a community/voluntary setting.
- Minimum of Level 8 qualification in social care, education or early childhood care.
- Knowledge of inclusive and/or trauma informed practice or play therapy.
- Passion for the values of inclusion, fairness and partnership.
- In depth knowledge and understanding of the value of play in promoting children's social & emotional development.
- Experience in inter-agency working with children and families.
- Responsible for the line management and rota allocation across a team of Play Facilitators.
- Responsible for the induction and integration of new staff.
- Ensuring a safe, creative, resourced play facility is provided which offers playful opportunities for children across a range of age groups.
- Lead planning sessions with staff to ensure a planned approach to allocating resources etc.
- Working in partnership with parents, maintaining good relationships to facilitate the needs of each child.
- Working in compliance with GDPR requirements to ensure confidentiality for all families.
- Ensuring risk assessments are completed prior to commencing activities with children.
- Working co-operatively with DCEDIY, HSE or Tusla as required to support the children & families.
- Complete and maintain records pertaining to the role.
- Maintaining effective administration and information systems.
- Ability to communicate with children across age ranges and their parents.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships will be essential.
- Organisational awareness throughout the completion of tasks.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
If you think this opportunity sounds right for you, please do not hesitate to send your CV for immediate review to Megan Nolan at Staffline Recruitment via the enclosed link or contact Megan Nolan at our Walkinstown Branch, on 01 4595288.