CLASS ROOM ASSISTANT
CLASSROOM ASSISTANT - £9PH - Mon-Frid 9am-11am OR 9.30am - 11.30am- Garvagh
- Assist the teacher with the support and care of pupil(s)e.g. enable access to the curriculum, attend to personal needs including dietary, feeding, toileting etc.
- Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the pupil(s) to be supported.
- Assist with authorised programmes (e.g. Education Plan, Care Plan), participate in the evaluation of the support and encourage pupil(s) participation in such programmes.
- Set up, clear away and regularly clean equipment.
- Prepare material for play sessions e.g. making dough, paste, cutting paper, costume preparation, involvement in school dramatic activities etc
- Provide continuity of adult care of e.g. supervising play and cloakrooms including hand washing and toileting.
- Assist with classroom administration.
- Assist the class teacher and/or other professionals with the implementation of the system for recording the pupil(s) progress.
- Contribute to the maintenance of pupil(s) progress records.
- Provide regular feedback about the pupil(s) to the teacher/officer.
- Duplicate written materials, assist with production of charts and displays, record radio and television programmes, catalogue and process books and resources.
- Must have previous Class Room Assistant experience