Classroom Assistant (SEN)
Lisburn/ Dunmurry area
The Client: Local Public body based in the Lisburn/Dunmurry area, serving local residents.
The Role: Under the direction of the class teacher/outreach teacher/education authority officer, assist with the educational support and the care of the pupil(s) with special educational needs who is/are in the teacher's care in or outside the classroom.
* Assist the teacher with the support and care of pupil(s) with special educational needs e.g. enable access to the curriculum, attend to personal needs including dietary, feeding, toileting etc.
* Develop an understanding of the specific needs of the pupil(s) to be supported.
* Assist with authorised programmes (e.g. Education Plan, Care Plan), participate in the evaluation of the support and encourage pupil(s) participation in such programmes.
* Contribute to the inclusion of the pupil in mainstream classroom under the direction of the class teacher.
* Assist with operational difficulties and medical difficulties pertaining to pupil(s) disabilities.
* Support in implementing behavioural management programmes as directed.
* Assist pupil(s) in moving around school and on and off transport.
* Undertake more comprehensive or invasive medical/clinical procedures.
* Help pupils with specialist communication skills and/or sensory difficulties access the curriculum.
* Deal with pupils with very challenging behaviour as identified by the Educational Psychology Service as requiring additional provision.
* Assist with classroom administration.
* Assist the class teacher and/or other professionals with the implementation of the system for recording the pupil(s) progress.
* Contribute to the maintenance of pupil(s) progress records.
* Provide regular feedback about the pupil(s) to the teacher.
* Duplicate written materials; assist with production of charts and displays, record radio and television programmes, catalogue and process books and resources.
Hours of work: 20 hrs per week, Mon to Fri
* Hold a minimum of a level 2 Childcare qualification as approved by EA (A list of approved qualifications is available to download from the EA website www.eani.org.uk)
* Have a minimum of 6 months' experience of working with a child/children in a formal learning environment e.g. school,nursery or playgroup
* Evidence of a working knowledge of information technology systems including: Microsoft word and outlook, and/or C2K schools IT systems
* Experience of working 1-2-1 with a child/children with special educational needs
* Evidence of an ability to work flexibly and creatively to help ensure a child-centred learning experience
* Rates of pay £9 - £10 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.