1. General mill cleaning, internal and external by dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping
2. Maintaining hygiene standards
3. Prioritising and maintaining biosecurity and health & safety controls on the site
4. Managing and emptying waste bins as required
5. Recycling waste as required
6. Safe use of chemicals for cleaning and sanitising including spraying
7. Painting when required
8. Completing and signing the relevant checksheets as required
9. Assisting with preparations for Audits/Site Visits
10. Assist with liquid deliveries as required
11. Operating fork trucks and pallet trucks if trained
12. Operating a power washer when required
13. Operating a scrubber washer dryer when required
14. Assisting with the filling of the goods hoist/Carousel when required
15. Highlighting any problems with machinery to the supervisor/maintenance team
16. Cooperate with the rest of the staff
17. Follow all health and safety regulations
18. Any other duties, that may be required by the Manager
Reporting Relationships/Social Conditions:
The Mill Operative works as a member of a team within the Mill, reporting to the Site Support Manager. Effective liaison, team working and interaction with other operatives and supervisory staff is essential. The operative must be flexible and available to work overtime and weekends when required.
The job is performed in a warm mill environment and involves carrying out a physically active role. There may be dust inside the mill. The employee is required to operate effectively as part of a team.
Competencies, Knowledge and Experience required:
* Previous experience in carrying out hygiene duties
* Must be able to think clearly
* Must be able to work as a team member
* Must have a positive attitude to work and others
* Good manual dexterity is essential
* Good level of English with good communication skills
* Good time keeping is essential
* The ability to work on own initiative is essential
* The ability to organise and prioritise work is essential
* The ability to work in a warm environment in a physically active role
* The ability to solve problems is essential
* Awareness of health and safety is essential
* Awareness of hygiene is essential
* Awareness of biosecurity is essential
Health and Safety Responsibilities:
* Understand the Moy Park Health and Safety Policy, Company Safety Rules and Statutory requirements applying to all operations under your control.
* Ensure that the arrangements made by the Company to secure the Health and Safety of employees are implemented.
Updated: 03/01/2022 Issue 3
Updated by: ST/MH
* Ensure that all substances being used have suitable and sufficient risk assessments (COSHH)
* Attend all relevant training as required and have the ability to understand all SOPs
* Understand the company procedures for reporting accidents.
* Understand the site ICE procedures, including emergency evacuations.
* Be aware of the location of the first aid facilities.
* Assist the Managers in ensuring ensure that all hazards affecting your area are identified.
* Continually seek to develop safe practices and safe systems of work and ensure these are put into practice.
* Set an example in safe considerate behaviour.
* Check that all plant, machinery and equipment is safe to use and, in particular, that all dangerous parts of machinery are guarded and that the guards provided are correctly fitted, adjusted and maintained whilst the machinery is in motion or use. Any defect must immediately be reported and if it is felt, in consultation with your immediate Manager, that there is a risk of imminent danger, then the machine will not be used until repairs have been carried out.
* Ensure that appropriate protective clothing and equipment, is in a serviceable condition and is worn/used.
* Ensure that good housekeeping and hygiene standards are maintained throughout your areas.
* Co-operate with the appointed Safety Representatives in matters relating to Health and Safety.
If any of the above arrangements are not adequate, it must be highlighted to your Manager for appropriate action.
Any employee breaching employee health and safety responsibilities will be liable for investigation which may result in disciplinary action in accordance with the Company's disciplinary policy.
Hours: Monday - Friday 8am - 4pm
Location: Moy Park Feed Mill
Full time temporary with the option down the line of becoming permanent