NB - Applicants invited to apply for our Reserve Candidate Pool
The Client: Local Government body based in Newry & Downpatrick, serving local residents.
The Role: Applicants will be required to work in cleansing department, carrying out duties such as refuse collection, street cleansing and civic amenity duties.
- Undertake, either individually or as a member of a mechanised cleansing team, duties concerned with the sweeping, collection and removal of litter, dirt, dead animals, leaves and weeds, etc, from public spaces (including roads, pavements and shopping precincts). These duties will require the use and operation of the usual range of associated tools and equipment (e.g. Sharp Kits) and regular inspection and emptying of litter bins. Work unsocial hours as required.
- The postholder may from time to time be given the opportunity to carry out refuse collection duties. Such duties may specifically include: Undertaking, either individually or as a member of a team, duties connected with the removal of household, industrial and commercial and recyclable refuse from a variety of locations, eg, houses, shops, schools. This could involve the full use of refuse containers, eg, plastic sacks, wheelie bins, and paladin bins.
Hours of work: 37hrs
- 6 months' experience in cleansing and/or cleaning duties in a similar work environment.
- 6 months' experience working with the general public.
- Full current driving licence and access to transport
- Able to work outside of normal office hours including evenings, weekends and bank holidays
- Rate of Pay: TBC
- Holiday Entitlement
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.