Cleansing Operative - Limavady
Our Client, a Large Public Sector Organisation based in Limavady require Cleansing Operatives to join their team.
Location : Limavady
Hours of work : 37 hrs per week
Hourly Rate : 1-12 weeks £9.00 p/hr 13 weeks £9.36 p/hr
Main Duties :
- Work in accordance with the Refuse Collection schedule as directed by the Cleansing Officer ensuring that collection schedules are adhered to in the same sequence on the day specified.
- Collect all domestic and commercial waste and assist in the loading and unloading of the vehicles, using where necessary mechanical aids and bin loading equipment in accordance with manufacturers' instructions.
- Carry out the collections with due regard to property and minimum disturbance to members of the public. Spillages should be cleared up, bins replaced and gates closed. Report details of all complaints to the Chargehand Driver.
- Report the reason for any non-collection of refuse and any damage caused to refuse containers or property to the Chargehand Driver.
- Ensure bins are properly returned to their collection point in a tidy manner so as not to cause an obstruction.
- Carry out such other relevant duties as directed including, if the postholder possesses an LGV Category C licence together with five years driving experience of heavy goods vehicles, providing relief cover for drivers.
- Complete work returns, timesheets, forms etc. required by management.
- Provide advice when requested by householders/commercial/trade customers on scheduled rounds on general issues relation to waste recycling and reduction.
- Ensure appropriate notices, letters and plastic sacks etc. are issued to householders when required.
- Check recycling bins for contamination.
Full Job Description available on request.
Essential Criteria :
- At least 1 years' experience of working within a waste collection, waste disposal or recycling environment, where such duties constitute at least half of the post duties
- At least 1 years' experience working in a customer related type environment including dealing with the public in a polite and courteous manner
- Be able to demonstrate by example previous experience of heavy manual work
- Ability to work as part of a team in order to complete designated collection schedule.
- Ability to maintain daily records
- Ability to work on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Hold a current driving licence in category B
- Be available to work outside normal working hours (i.e. evening work, weekends, Public Holidays) and/or to facilitate clean-up operations following special events.
If you are interested and meet ALL essential criteria please apply via the link.