Band 2 Clerical Officer required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Location: Knockbracken Healthcare Park
Pay Per Hour: £10.42
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
JOB SUMMARY/MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will be required to provide an efficient and effective administrative support service to the Immunisation Coordinator and the School Immuinsation Team. They will support the delivery of Flu Vaccine to all children in primary schools and special schools across the Belfast Trust in addition to the Post Primary School Immunisation Programmes. This will include the use of Child Health System (CHS), word processing of documents, maintinaing Microsoft Excel databases, updating consent form distribution lists, prepare transport requests if required, preparation and distribution of consent packs, liaising with schools, booking dates for school immunisation programmes and diary management as required. The post holder will also be the first point of contact for education staff, health care professionals, parents/guardians and public making enquires by telephone or face to face
MAIN DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinate and process the immunisation consent packs including a range of correspondence in accordance with agreed procedures within area of responsibility.
- The post holder will be the first point of contact for members of education staff, health care professionals, parents/guardians and the public making enquries by telephone or face to face.
- The post holder will liaise with primary and post primary schools in the Greater Belfast Area to obtain all relevant data that will inform and support the annual Immunisation Programme e.g. all school contact details, school events, school closures in the academic year. Update database with information.
- The post holder will obtain accurate class lists from primary and post primary schools and ensure recording systems are updated and maintained, e.g. follow correct procedures and update CHS for all Movement In and duplicate records.
- The post holder will undertake a range of admin support duties including maintaining up to date records/stats on Microsoft Excel, update contact form distribution list via Microsoft Excel, distribution of consent packs, maintaining diary, receiving, processing and distributing incoming mail, provision of typing/photocopying and admin support to School Immunisation Team.
- The post holder will assist in scheduling, printing, classing and consenting of all school immunisation forms in the Greater Belfast Area, record vaccine totals per school to assist with pre order of vaccine.
- The post holder will follow through on any task related problem solving: Incomplete Vaccine History - Source immunisation records from Holistic Screen and update CHS according, contact GP surgeries for clarification of vaccine history in relation to Immunisation Schedule, update CHS and update any unrecorded childhood vaccines noted/sent in by parents. Address language barrier by printing immunisation information leaflet in relevant language and forward to schools.
- The post holder will maintain manual and computerised records of work to ensure the different processes for each vaccine per school are completed accurately and deadlines for each school are met.
- The post holder will ensure all school boxes are sealed, sorted, counted as per schedule and supporting documentation for transport is accurately dated, recorded and filed. Follow Trust Guidelines for the safe transportation and overnight security of confidential information (Data Protection 2018).
- The post holder will provide admin support and assistance to the School Nurse Team in school locations and collate statistical information per session.
- The post holder will ensure that work is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- The post holder will ensure accuracy in recording all immunisation results on clinic sheets and the CHS, sourcing the HNC Webview Application to update and amend general admin information.
- The post holder will maintain regular contact with schools by telephone and email using encryption where necessary, to deliver and receive information that will maximise the efficiency and success of the Immunisation Programme.
- The post holder will contribute to the changing needs of the service by attending team meetings to review and develop new systems for effective tracking and accountablility.
- The post holder will process and manage incoming / outgoing mail and ensure that mail is distributed appropriately to relevant staff and in a timely manner.
- The post holder will carry out a range of duties relating to record keeping e.g, filing, archiving, retrieval, tracking and dissemination.
- The post holder will collate statistics using Microsoft Excel as required.
- The post holder will prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- The post holder will manage routine queries, referring to Immunisation Team Support Officer when necessary.
- The post holder will maintain up to date mandatory training.
- The post holder will cover work in the absence of others within the School Immunisation Team.
- The post holder will undertake any other duties appropriate to the position and grade which may be assigned in light of developments within the Immunisation Team and School Health.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality in respect of all information.
- Exercise discretion when delicate/personal information is reported/disclosed and needs conveyed to nursing staff.
*4 GCSE's at grade C or above to include English Language or equivalent qualification.
*NVQ Level II in Administration.
*A minimum of one year's administrative clerical experience.
Working Knowledge and Proficient in Microsoft Office including experience with Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Rhianna Mooney.
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.