Temporary Clerical Officer required for a large public sector organisation based at through the Trust in Ulster Hospital.
Rate of Pay: £10.09 per hour
Location: Ulster Hospital, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
Administrative & Clerical Assistant Band provide an administrative service/support in a variety of different settings within the Trust. They will work as an integral member of a team and be expected to use their own initiative.
The post holder will be responsible for a wide range of administrative tasks to support/assist in the effective and efficient provision of services within their department.
The post holder with provide administrative and clerical duties to Nutrition and Diet Therapy Service in Ards AHP Hub and Ulster Hospital as required.
The post holder will be required to carry out a range of duties which may include all or some of the following.
- Word processing /producing reports/working on computer systems.
- Data input/ retrieval of information. Put schedules on, type audits, letters etc. as required.
- Sorting and responding to mail/emails as appropriate.
- Dealing with general enquiries/providing advice which requires immediate action within definitive guidelines, protocols & policies.
- Make and receive telephone calls and take appropriate actions.
- Arrange appointments/meetings as requested.
- Take minutes of meetings as required and type up and distribute minutes. Booking rooms for meetings outside and within the Trust.
- General office duties such as photocopying/faxing/ scanning.
- Supervising staff and allocate work as appropriate.
- Maintain adequate supplies of stock and stationary and order stationery via EProcurement.
- Prioritise workload in accordance with expected outcomes.
- Ensure that all work for which you are responsible is processed in a timely manner in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Provide cover for other administration staff during periods of planned/unplanned absence
- Have the ability to work unsocial hours including availability for extended day and/or seven day working as required
- P A duties to relevant Team Leads.
- Any other general tasks or projects within the remit of the band.
- Maintain records both manual and computerised in an accurate and timely way and in accordance with local policies and procedures. Extract, collate and summarise data to enable preparation of verbal, written or statistical reports or returns.
- Dealing with requests for information.
- Maintain Filing System including archiving and processing electronic and paper based files for storage off site
- Maintain confidentiality regarding information held in respect of service users and staff.
Key working Relationships
- Establish, maintain and develop working relationships with managers, staff at all levels throughout the Trust and interact effectively with members of staff and the public as required.
- To participate in the Trust's Appraisal Process and participate in agreed training and development initiatives when identified.
- Liaise regularly with Team Leader to carry out regular reviews to ensure effective and efficient administration systems are in place to suit the needs of the service.
- Participate in service developments and quality improvement projects
Knowledge and experience of administrative systems and procedures. The ability to apply this to a range of activities that are subject to changes in both nature and demand. This will involve solving work related problems and handling first line queries.
4 GCSEs Grades A-C including English or English language
equivalent and 1 years relevant experience
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons. Hannah.Fitzsimons@staffline.co.uk
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.