Staffline are recruiting on behalf of our Public Sector client, for a Clerical Officer on a temporary basis based in Newtownabbey.
Role: Clerical Officer
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Hours: 37 hours per week
Main Purpose of the role:
Responsible for the provision of a high quality, efficient and effective confidential administrative and business support service to Council's Economic Development and Planning Department.
As part of a central team, the post holder will provide comprehensive clerical and administrative services for the achievement of effective implementation of Council's Local Development Plan, Planning Policy and Economic and Tourism related strategies.
Process consultations for Regional Property Certificates including:
- To ensure all planning history information in relation to the property is complete and accurate.
- To assess if there are any other planning matters which should be included within the certificate.
- To return completed assessment on a timely basis to ensure compliance with SLA requirements.
Provide comprehensive administrative support for the processing of planning related applications including;
- Keying and plotting new applications on the NI Planning Portal system
- Adhere to Receipt, Custody & Lodgement procedures for monies received
- Validate new applications and liaise with customers and P&T colleagues on updating information.
- Preparation of refund paperwork
- Weekly refund checks
- Issuing of neighbour notification letters
- Updating appeals information on NI Planning Portal
- Redaction, scanning & upload of documents to NI Planning Portal
- Record representations and issue acknowledgements
- Scanning, redaction and issue of planning decisions
- Assist with reports for Planning Committee Reviewed December 2020 for SAE
- Completing documentation for Statutory Charges Register
- Retrieval & storage of application files
- Arrangement & supervision of application files
- Issue of weekly valid application lists
- Generate weekly advertising lists
- Scanning of weekly advert lists to Ni Planning Portal and Council website
- Provision of telephone cover / planning inbox - dealing with customer queries
- Generate Purchase Orders
- Maintain record of Purchase Orders
- Room booking
- General photocopying and scanning as required
- Minute taking
- Maintenance, audit and update of systems, databases, business directories and spreadsheets used within the Department, ensuring these sources are correct and up to date.
- Open, close and maintain up to date Council paper files.
- Formatting and issuing of correspondence and documents
- Maintaining electronic diaries of appointments and supervision of same, including room bookings, equipment, catering, invites and responses.
- Maintaining databases, including catering select list and list of traders
- Process and maintain stall applications, deal with queries from traders and liaise with other sections, e.g. Environmental Health. Follow up on trader insurance.
- Formatting of Committee and Council reports for issue
- Collation of supporting materials for the effective administration of grant payments
- Process booking payments through the microcache system following proper financial and audit procedures ensuring all necessary documentation is completed. Accurately complete and send coding sheets to Finance. As part of a team:
- Collect, sort, date stamp and distribute all incoming and outgoing mail
- Receive, record and distribute correspondence, complaints and comments received ensuring the Councils Customer Care policy is adhered to.
- Assist officers with the organisation and administration of events, launches and meetings, including on call staff invites, RSVP's and event registrations.
- Liaise with promoters regarding administrative process for temporary use of Council owned assets and marketing materials for events, festivals and conferences and inspections of materials upon return.
- Prepare and issue emails and letters in relation to the work of the department
- Deal directly with the general public, by email, at reception and by telephone acting as first contact point for the Department.
- Preparation of information packs for meetings and events.
- Issuing email, marketing communications to customers and stakeholders for events, functions and engagements.
- Record actions at monthly team meetings and facilitate paperless meetings, preparing and circulating agendas, minutes and other papers as necessary. Reviewed December 2020 for SAE
5 GCSEs Grades A-C (or equivalent) to include English Language and Maths
Consideration will be given to those candidates who do not hold the above academic qualifications but who can demonstrate a minimum of 4 years Administration experience as below.
2 years administrative experience to include:
- Dealing with members of the public and responding to enquiries from a range of stakeholders
- Data Input and retrieval
- Ability to work effectively as a member of a small specialist team
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent customer services skills
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- High degree of discretion and confidentiality
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. If you are interested please upload your CV to the link provided, and Leanne Garrett will be in contact to confirm if you have been shortlisted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate.