Clerical Officer Band 2 (Emergency Department
Clerical Officer (Band 2) Emergency Department
The Client: Local Healthcare body based in Newry, serving local residents.
The Role: The post holder will be responsible for providing an efficient and effective administrative service
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Operate information systems e.g. Patient Administration System, Patient Centre, eEMS, Theatre Management System
- Ensure all information held both manually and electronically is recorded accurately, held securely and kept up to date.
- Use Microsoft Office packages as required to fulfil the duties of the post.
- Carry out the full range of outpatient/ward clerk/ reception duties, to include meeting and greeting of patients and all associated computer work.
- Arrange appointments for patients which will include telephoning patients as required, issuing appointment letters and all administrative processes involved in the making and follow up of appointments, including booking of interpreters.
- Store, retrieve and prepare clinical records for patient attendances and admissions and other hospital activities.
- Ensure the security and confidentiality of all patient records and information.
- File documentation as per departmental protocol, ensuring all files are in good order and fit for purpose.
- Deal professionally with telephone/face to face enquiries from patients and staff within the Trust, those outside the Trust and members of the public, in accordance with customer service standards and Trust Policies and Procedures, and in line with Data Protection.
- General office duties to include filing, photocopying, scanning, and dealing with incoming and outgoing post.
- Maintaining/ordering stationary/stock for the department.
- Word processing clinical correspondence.
- Provide admin cover for the directorate team as required
- Undertake any other administrative and clerical duties pertinent to a Band 2 as may be required from time to time.
- Comply with Infection Control guidelines and the Trust dress code
Hours of work: Monday- Sunday (rota based)
- 4 GCSE's at Grades A-C including English Language or equivalent/higher qualification OR 1 years experience in an Administrative and clerical role
- Experience in the use of Microsoft office product Word or equivalent
- Rates of pay £10.42- £19.07 per hour
Why use Staffline? This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland. For further information please apply with your up to date CV by clicking the button.