Clerical Officer (Finance)
Clerical Officer with Finance experience required for Enniskillen based role lasting 6 months.
Rate of Pay : £11.11
Duration : 6 months
- 5 GCSE's Grades A - C (including English & Maths) or equivalent and a Level 3 qualification (Regulated Framework of Qualifications) in a relevant Finance Discipline.
- 5 GCSE's Grades A - C (including English & Maths) or equivalent and a minimum of 2 years recent experience (within the last 5 years) in a financial environment using established financial computer systems.
- Proficiency in the use of IT, including Microsoft office packages ie Excel, Word, etc
- A sound knowledge of effective financial policies and procedures in a work environment.
- Effective organisational skills with the proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads to meet deadlines.
- Ability to gather and analyse data and produce relevant accurate reports.
- Ability to contribute as an effective team member and support others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Flexible approach under minimum supervision with a focus on service delivery and performance.
- A relevant finance related qualification (provide all relevant details)
- Experience of using IT Financial packages.
- Experience of working in dual jurisdictions
- Register and scan invoices on Integra financial package for electronic distribution to offices
- Process invoices for payment on Integra financial package in two currencies, completing verification checks including review of VAT compliance and RCT application.
- Prepare payment runs and process BACS and cheque payments, distribute remittances
- Complete Revenue on-line payments for RCT and obtain Tax Clearance Certificate information to enable payment of suppliers in Ireland
- Process travel payments on Core package, run reports and prepare BACS payment file,
- Process purchasing card and fuel card payments on Integra financial package, complete fuel card reconciliation monthly,
- Process payroll payments on Core package, carry out relevant checks and prepare payment file for transferring to the bank. Complete interfaces and distribute payslips as required,
- Download tax certificates for employees and update Core package to ensure correct tax is deducted
- Complete PAYE filing with Revenue on Line following each payroll run
- Receipt all monies on Debtor system, raise sales invoices as required and assist with the printing of statements
- Maintain petty cash float, make payments where necessary, maintain all paperwork and reconcile regularly
- Prepare month end payments of payroll taxes, third party payments, pension contributions and VAT for review
- Complete bank reconciliations posting all transactions accurately and promptly
- Use Realex system to take payments over the phone
- Assist with stock management when required
- Process journals including budget journals as requested
- Perform general administration duties to include filing and preparation for meetings
- At all times observe internal policies and procedures
- Prepare month end reports as requested, such as overtime reporting, travel reports using Core reporting, outstanding invoice, order and GRN reports using Integra reporting tools
- Provide management reports and information as requested
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports and returns to include Annual Accounts and Management Accounts
- Assist in the maintenance of the asset register
- Assist with procurement and tendering as necessary
- Assist in the preparation of grant claims
Why use Staffline?
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Staffline. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. As an established and trusted recruitment agency, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple industry sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland.