Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
Grafton Specialist Recruitment are recruiting for a Clerk of Works on behalf of a real estate investment and development company. The successful Clerk of Works will be responsible for monitoring quality and technical compliance in regard to construction drawings, building standards, NHBC regulations and general best practice construction across all developments.
The Clerk of Works should have a good knowledge of timber kit, steel frame and SFS methods of construction. The Clerk of Works will be expected to have a good knowledge and understanding of all trades as you may have to manage evolving designs and specifications and keep up to date with regulation and technical advancements within the building industry.
- Inspect the work being undertaken.
- Highlighting potential specification design issues for comments before they affect construction and programme.
- Record and report any item of work requiring further attention during the site inspection and report under 'defective work'. Follow this through to an Improvement Notice if the appropriate action is not taken.
- Check that construction complies with the architect's, engineer's and mechanical and electrical engineer's drawings & specifications.
- The CoW may be required to attend site progress meetings.
- Attend defects liability inspections and prepare defects lists both at the end of the project and at the end of the defects liability period.
- Check that contractors and subcontractors complete all defects correctly and as quickly as possible.
- In addition, the post holder must have a good working knowledge of relevant legislation, Building Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Any other duties role may involve.
- 5 years' experience working in a Clerk of Works or similar role.
- Previous experience working in residential development would be beneficial but not essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent IT skills
The successful Clerk of Works will enjoy a competitive salary depending on experience.
The Clerk of Works role will be covering sites across Northern Ireland with a possibility of having to travel to sites in England.
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Ross McConville at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland