Band 6 Clinical Education Trainer
Clinical Education Trainer will be responsible for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: B6- £16.52 p/h
Location: HSC Clinical Education Centre, Clady Site, Belfast
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Duration: Temporary, ongoing
JOB SUMMARY / MAIN PURPOSE:
The post holder will play a key role in supporting newly recruited International Nurses achieve success in their OSCE. This role will involve delivering training; assessing and recording of outcomes; giving feedback; maintaining training records. The post holder will work closely with relevant colleagues within CEC and across Trusts to ensure efficient and effective delivery of training and assessments of OSCE.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver training to equip learners with the knowledge they require to complete their Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Test of Competence -Part 2.
- Support others, helping them to focus on the value of their contribution to the service and patient care
- To assess the learner's knowledge, understanding and skills required to undertake their Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) Test of Competence- Part 2.
- Undertake formative assessments and provide feedback to those undertaking the Clinical Education Centre OSCE Preparation Programme.
- Participate in personal development activities as required to maintain occupational competence
- Undertake mock assessments as required.
- Liaise with all personnel involved in the OSCE Team as and when required.
- Participate in relevant audit and research activities.
- Ensure all records and documentation is completed and maintained in line with Record Keeping Policies.
- Use current evidence, research, and policy direction to a deliver a high quality OSCE Preparation Programme
- Collect and collate data, using a variety of tools and approaches, to evidence the improvement of the service as a result of the OSCE programme.
- Display organisational skills to ensure that products required for learning and development purposes are procured in a timely fashion and demonstrate value for money
- Participate in bench marking opportunities, broad quality initiatives and ensure that information governance arrangements are fully implemented.
- Engage with service users, where appropriate, to support the development and delivery of education programmes
- Maintain up-to-date records of training for all participants registered on the OSCE programme and collate accurate records of project targets and outputs and assist fully in reporting as required.
- Maintain Continuous Professional Development (CPD) and be occupationally competent to assess and fulfil the requirements of the post
- Support and provide feedback to colleagues within the HSC CEC and partner Trusts who are undertaking their mock OSCEs
- Registered Nurse on Part 1 of the live NMC Register
- Have a nursing/y degree AND two years' clinical post-registration experience.
- Have five years clinical post-registration experience.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Hannah Fitzsimons Hannah.Ftizsimons@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless of if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.