Clinical Lead - Derry/Londonderry
Salary: Competitive commensurate with experience
Grafton Specialist Recruitment has been retained to recruit a Clinical Lead to be based in Derry/Londonderry. This role is offered on a full time permanent basis, hours to be discussed at interview.
This role is perfect for a Registered Nurse with some previous supervisory experience who now wants to progress into management.
Our client has 25 years' experience in providing award winning, high quality care, employing an impressive 700 staff across Northern Ireland
The role of a Clinical Lead is vitally important and fundamental in the principles of delivering the highest quality of clinical management and administration to our client's residents. This is a hands on nursing role but with additional responsibilities in the role of Clinical Lead for ensuring the sustainability of high quality, person centred care. You will:
- Take delegated responsibility, under the direction of the Home Manager, for the delivery and standard of nursing and care provided at the home.
- Take full accountability for the home and the team in the absence of the Home Manager.
- Assist the home manager in conducting robust management audits to ensure compliance with relevant professional, regulatory and contractual requirements,
- Deal with the administration of medication and related issues, and the update and review of care plans and all related documentation.
- Work with the Competency in Management of Medication and associated documentation.
- Support and mentor Staff Nurses to ensure high standards of nursing care are delivered to all your residents
- Have strong organisational and communication skills and working effectively and efficiently.
- Be able to assess, manage and monitor the ongoing needs of the residential care
- Undertake continuous assessment, implementation and evaluation of care needs
- Take responsibility for performance monitoring of nursing staff, including supervisions and appraisals. This included identifying required improvement and training and dealing with performance issues.
- Ensure there is an appropriate and competent clinical skill mix at all times within the home.
- Appropriately lead and delegate care staff within your team to ensure safe and effective delivery of care
- 1st Level Nurse also Registered with NMC (RGN / RMN)
- Fluent level of English
- Must be available for shifts as detailed above
- Have a compassionate and caring nature
You will receive a salary of £16.00 - 18.00 per hour as well as:
- Paid Access NI
- Paid NMC Registration
- Paid training for revalidation with NMC
- Free Uniform
- Free Online Training / Paid Practical Training / Ongoing Clinical Skills Training
- Overtime Rate *terms and conditions apply*
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Nurse Referral Scheme
- Workplace Pension Scheme
- Opportunities for career development to Senior Staff Nurse role
Contact Details & Deadline
To be considered for this position, please forward your CV to Wes McCullough at Grafton Recruitment by clicking on the APPLY button on this page and attaching your CV. You can also contact Wes on 02896 913 692.
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.
This may not matter to you when you're looking for a new opportunity, but we just wanted to tell you a little bit about Grafton. We know that finding the right job can be challenging and we have the tools and resources to help you succeed. An established recruitment agency since 1983, we offer permanent and temporary job solutions to lots of different clients in multiple sectors in Northern Ireland and Republic of Ireland