Clinical Pharmacist Homecare medicines
Clinical Pharmacist Homecare medicines
Band 7 Pharmacist Specialist required for a large public sector organisation based through the Belfast Trust.
Salary: £20.47 p/h
Location: Knockbracken Clinic
Hours: Various shifts over 7 days Age restrictions may apply for shift/night work
The jobholder will work as part of the multidisciplinary team which support the delivery of homecare medicine services in Belfast Health & Social Care Trust.
The post holder will provide support for multidisciplinary teams across the trust to establish and deliver safe and effective homecare medicines services.
They will support the implementation of complaints and incidents processes in order to ensure that patient safety, information governance and safeguarding incidents are identified, recorded, monitored, reported and investigated.
The person appointed will ensure the safe, effective and economic use of pharmaceuticals at patient level and that pharmacy services are provided in accordance with the relevant legislation and current standards including managed entry NI guidance.
KEY DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support the delivery and implementation of safe and effective homecare services
- Provide specialist advice for to multidisciplinary teams in respect of homecare medicines services
- Support the management of incidents and complaints in homecare medicines by ensuring that incidents are reported and documented in accordance with trust procedures and RPS Professional Standards for Homecare Medicine
- Support the lead pharmacist homecare medicines in ensuring that these incidents are investigated, acted upon and reviewed.
- To provide information advice and training to clinical teams when establishing new homecare medicines services
- To ensure that new medicines/treatments are introduced in accordance with managed entry guidance.
- To assist with the development of service level agreements with homecare providers
- To participate in quarterly performance service reviews with homecare providers
- To assist with service review and feedback meetings with clinical referring teams
- Support the implementation of homecare medicines services in accordance with relevant legislation and good practice guidance.
- Support the homecare admin team in the management of queries which arise in respect of pricing of homecare medicines.
- Participate in the preparation, review and distribution of protocols and standard operating procedures (SOPs) relevant to homecare medicines
- Contribute to the economic, appropriate and safe use of medicines, participate in pharmacoeconomic research
- Work in partnership with those pharmacists responsible for and managing the various areas of pharmacy activity.
- Manage any professional, technical and support staff accountable to them.
- Contribute to strategic planning and the development of services to meet changing needs.
- Participate in relevant continuing postgraduate education, training and professional development.
- Participate in the provision of in-service education and training for healthcare professionals, students and pre-registration pharmacy graduates.
- Participate in interview and selection.
- Participate in practice research.
- Participate in pharmaceutical and multidisciplinary audit.
- Participate in the Trust's Staff Development Review process.
- Participate in the Trust's weekend and statutory Holiday rotas.
- Participate in the Trust's extended hours services, if required.
- Participate in the Trust's emergency duty rota, if required.
- Maintain required standards of appearance and dress.
- Undertake other duties as may be assigned from time to time
M.Pharm. or equivalent. Be a member of the Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland or eligible for membership. Have 2 years post registration experience as a qualified hospital Pharmacist and have completed and passed a recognized Foundation Programme or equivalent.
Be able to respond to an emergency call within 30 minutes under normal travelling conditions and have access to transport in order to respond
'Where disability prohibits driving, this criteria will be waived if the applicant is able to organise suitable alternative arrangements'
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@staffline.co.uk
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.