CNC 3 & 5 Axis Milling Setter/Operators Required ASAP
An opportunity has arisen for experienced setters and operators to set up and operate 3 & 5 Axis CNC milling machining centres. The successfull candidates will be required to set machines and prove out programs to enable smooth running of production batches.
- Applicants must be time served or have NVQ Level 3 engineering qualifications at pass grade.
- A good standard of secondary education with high levels of numeracy and literacy
Relevant Knowledge & Experience:
- CNC programming experience
- CNC machining experience setting and machining on milling machines
- Working knowledge of Heidenhain and Siemens controls
- Proficient in the use of CAD/CAM software
Skills & Competencies:
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written, including effective influencing skills
- Evidence of excellent analytical and innovative thinking
- Demonstrated decision making ability
- Competency in finishing and inspecting machined parts
- Evidence of strong organisational, planning and time management skills
- Pragmatic approach to problem solving
- Proven ability to accurately read and interpret technical drawings
- Proficient in the use of MS Office software, e-mail and the internet
- Able to work flexibily as required to ensure business needs are met
- Able to travel as required
- Valid Passport
- Knowledge of the aerospace industry
- Proficient in the use of Vericut or other verification software
- Valid full driving license
Hours of work: Dayshift 39 hours per week (Monday - Thursday 8:30am-5pm, Friday 8:30am-4pm). Ability to work continental shifts will be essential.
Holiday Allowance: 32 days per anum
Salary: Level 1 £10.50 p/h Level 2 £11.50 p/h with shift premium
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in either of these roles please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.