We are delighted to be working with Wrightbus, Ballymena who are have been at the forefront of transport innovation since 1946 relentlessly pushing the boundaries with its commitment to quality, style and safety.
At Wrightbus, it is never just about getting people from one place to another; it was always about getting the world to a better place. From promoting economic growth to reducing traffic congestion to making transportation more equitable for all. The Wrightbus group is on a new path of innovation and environmental consciousness under new leadership. And now, with the development of the world's first zero-emissions double deck hydrogen bus, they are on their way to ensuring a brighter future for the next generation.
We are currently recruiting for a Coachbuilder based in Ballymena on a full time permanent basis. The Coachbuilder will be responsible for the manufacture of parts for assembly on the production and assembly line. The role will involve drilling, cutting, riveting, bolting and screwing parts using hand tools and basic cutting machinery. You will be responsible for building the vehicle to specification, to a hight quality within the agreed timeframe.
- Fabrication of complex parts and assemblies to support the manufacturing process. Reading and working from complex part and assembly drawings and schematics and following verbal instructions. Moving between several distinct operations whilst maintaining high quality workmanship and overall efficiency.
- Fitting and assembly of metal, wood and laminate components to vehicles during the assembly process in accordance with the customer and build specifications.
- Safe operation of plant, equipment and/or hand tools associated with the manufacture, fitting or assembly of components
- Compliance with the company's Health and Safety procedures.
- Undertaking training or retraining associated with the post or the introduction of new working practices and training other colleagues.
- Time served Coachbuilder, joiner, plumber or Fitter or other relevant discipline in construction or manufacturing
- Relevant experience using a variety of hand, power and air tools
- Ability to read engineering drawings
- Good interpersonal skills
- Willing to undertake or provide training as required
- An awareness of general Health & Safety rules
- Proven ability to be flexible, working overtime and changing shift patterns as required
Hours of Work:
- 4 day week
- Monday to Thursday - 0700 - 5pm
Rate of Pay:
- £25,688 per annum
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in the above position, please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those shortlisted