Coating Technician Required ASAP
An opportunity exists for a full time Coating technician to join our client's state of the art plant in Campsie, Derry
Reporting to a Manufacturing Team Leader, the Coating Technician shall assist with monitoring safe production to ensure that the utmost quality standards against specifications and shipping schedules against acknowledged dates are achieved.
* Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate. Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation. Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
* Create adhesive formulas and produced coated master rolls according to customer specifications, Quality and Standard Operating Procedures.
* Ensure laboratory testing is executed in accordance with procedures.
* Conduct Quality Assurance checks throughout the Coating process including end of roll testing.
* Carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of production machine and surrounding work areas.
* Troubleshooting of process issues and supporting investigations into quality related incidents.
* Supporting the coating team in VCI (value creation initiatives) to drive coating area performance.
* Carrying out any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the plant.
* A minimum of three years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
* Good level of computer proficiency.
* Demonstrable understanding of adhering to COSHH regulations.
* Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependent on business needs (24/7, 24/5) Flexibility is required.
* Strong verbal, numeracy and literacy skills.
* Experience in an environment working with chemicals.
* Demonstrable experience in Lean Manufacturing or Six sigma.
* Experience of SAP.
* Basic maintenance experience of production equipment or processes.
* 4 GCSE's or equivalent at grade C or above, in English, Maths and 2 other subjects
* 2 A-levels or equivalent at grade C or above.
Hours: Combination of days and night shifts 07:00-19:00 and 19:00-07:00 over 42 hours per week, this may also change depending on business needs.
Benefits: Life insurance, 292 holiday hours per year based on full-time hours (301 after 2 years' service), Healthshield Health Cash Plan, Gainshare Bonus after 3 months service & Inspire Mental Health support service.
Salary: Hourly rate of £12.59, plus 30% shift premium, which will be paid bi-weekly
Job Type- Full time, Permanent
If you are interested in either of these roles please apply and a member of the Staffline team will be in touch with those successful applicants.