Working on behalf of client a leading Healthcare Packaging provider I'm actively recruiting for a Coating Technician for a permanent contract.
Coating Technician - Derry City Area - Salary Excellent
Reporting to a Manufacturing Team Leader, the Coating Technician shall assist with monitoring safe production to ensure that the utmost quality standards against specifications and shipping schedules against acknowledged dates are achieved.
- Ensure that safe working practices are adhered to at all times, including wearing PPE as appropriate.
- Acquire knowledge of Health & Safety procedures, work instructions, and associated documentation.
- Comply with all Health & Safety Policies and instructions and actively contribute to Company efforts to promote safe behaviour and safe systems of work.
- Create adhesive formulas and produced coated master rolls according to customer specifications, Quality and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Ensure laboratory testing is executed in accordance with procedures.
- Conduct Quality Assurance checks throughout the Coating process including end of roll testing.
- Carry out basic maintenance and cleaning of production machine and surrounding work areas.
- Troubleshooting of process issues and supporting investigations into quality related incidents.
- Supporting the coating team in VCI (value creation initiatives) to drive coating area performance.
- Carrying out any other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time, ensuring the efficient and profitable operation of the plant
- A minimum of three years' experience in a regulated manufacturing environment.
- Good level of computer proficiency.
- Demonstrable understanding of adhering to COSHH regulations.
- Willingness to undertake rotational shifts with varying patterns dependent on business needs (24/7, 24/5) Flexibility is required.
- Strong verbal, numeracy and literacy skills
To Apply for this role please submit your CV and a member of the Staffline Team will be contact with those shortlisted.