Combined HGV/LGV Driver Loader
Temporary Combined HGV/LGV Driver Loader required for a large public sector client based in Belfast City Centre.
Rate of Pay: £10.41 per hour
Location: Duncrue Complex
Hours: 37 hours per week
Duration: 3 months pending review
- Operate any in-cab telematics systems as required (for example, bin and box) including bin lifts containing bin weighing equipment, bins with data chips, vehicle safety equipment (including vehicle immobilisation, locking and alarm systems and bin-lift immobilisation systems), and to report to management any defects to such equipment in a timely manner and to assist new employees in the use of such equipment.
- Use all equipment and tools etc provided safely (making sure they are in good condition at all times) and ensure that all work is carried out in an efficient and effective manner, to the required service standards, ensuring that work areas are left in a high standard of cleanliness on completion of operations and to ensure all vehicles are fully equipped and stocked with all necessary tools and supplies.
- Empty all types of receptacle and lift all loose waste, as required, ensuring the safe collection, recycling and disposal of waste. To supervise any inspection process required to ensure that materials presented for recycling are not contaminated by non-appropriate materials. This will include both pre and post emptying of the receptacle.
- Participate in recycling promotional activities, leaflet drops, bin sticker attachment and other public survey work. To be available for staff briefing and toolbox talks and be able to relay all relevant information to the team.
- Safely carry out priority cleansing, and collecting priority waste - segregating and disposing, recycling and composting of waste as required. This includes the safe use (and storage) of any equipment and associated materials required for the priority waste cleansing process.
- Undertake all gully sucking, and other clearance of drains as required.
- Empty all skips safely, with due regard to the safety of staff and the public, and report any defects to the appropriate line manager.
- Load the vehicle with sweepers waste bags etc, remove bags and awkward household waste from its location - assist staff with heavy and other items as necessary.
- Monitor the daily operation and provide management information regarding; recycling collections, contamination, additional premises and households not yet participating in recycling, etc.
- Directly supervise allocated squad and staff ensuring that staff have all the required information to ensure they complete the daily tasks efficiently (for example, route information, schedules and rotas), and provide the appropriate management reports for the line manager.
- Take part in all required training activities including providing on-the-job coaching and training to staff as well as instructing staff in the use of plant and vehicle immobilisation and safety equipment for Open Spaces and Streetscene operations, Waste Collection and Recycling, priority waste and recycling operations
- Drive and be responsible for any allocated vehicle and any authorised passengers. Ensure that the vehicle is not overloaded, and to safely manoeuvre the vehicle on the daily routes
- Ensure all Operator Licencing, Tachograph and Driver Regulations are complied with and that daily record sheets for example, work records, fuel, mileage, defects, are recorded accurately and returned to the relevant manager in accordance with legislative requirements
- Obtain keys to open and close alley gates before and after Waste Collection and Recycling or Open Spaces and Streetscene operations has been completed.
- Adhere to instructions given regarding the use of landfill or other waste treatment sites and waste transfer stations
- Have a full, current Category C driving licence which enables them to drive appropriate large refuse collection vehicles in Northern Ireland
- Have a valid Driver Qualification Card (Driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC)
- Be able to demonstrate at least sixmonths' relevant work experience in each of the following two areas:
- riving a LGV in a commercial or public sector environment
- dealing directly with members of the public, in person.
If you are interested and available for this position please upload your CV to the link.
Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles