Commercial Costs Analyst
|Salary||£28000 - £32000 per annum|
|Published||26 days ago|
|Contact email||Kerry Hassett|
|Job ref||POR CCA_1684165700|
Job Summary / Job Purpose
· Product costing to Direct Cost, covering production from 5 UK Manufacturing sites.
· Purchase Price Variance (PPV) analysis and reporting, working with purchasing manager where appropriate to feed this insight into budgeted std costs for materials.
· Support the Commercial Accounts Team Manager in month end reporting, and production of the monthly Management Accounts pack.
· Support the Commercial Accounts Team Manager with the annual budget process.
Key Accountabilities (Summary)
· Product Costing to Direct Factory Cost, covering the production of our 5 Manufacturing sites
· Interrogate and ensure accuracy of PPV, initiating any necessary corrections to either postings or process, to feed the analysis and reporting required.
· Generation of Budget Standard costs, and monitor standards applied to new items being during the year.
· Month end stock valuation check and journals to correct, participate into the year-end stock count and relevant audit queries.
· Ensure the accuracy of the Month End and Year end GRNI provisions (£1.5 - £2.5m).
· Accounting for Tandragee stored potato (we store circa 10,000 tonnes annually) provisions for loss in store, farmer bonus accruals etc.
· Working directly with the commercial team, or in conjunction with the Commercial Accounts Team Manager, prepare accurate cost estimates for new products, variations on existing products or changes to route to market.
· Accurate Purchase Price Variance analysis being prepared for inclusion in the management accounts, interrogation of the data to inform any inputs which should be considered for Costing.
· Ensure Month end and year-end Balance Sheet correctly represents the valuation of Stocks and GRNI.
· Appropriate standard costs for material components are in place, both by setting the budget standards, and then by monitoring the standards applied to new components coming on stream through the year.
· Undertake the period end accounting entries for the stored potatoes at Tandragee site, recognising the actual store losses suffered, building provisions for the losses, for the farmers bonus' and other associated costs.
· Purchase Ledger payment run approval and bank validation, on a rotational basis.
· Supporting the Commercial Accounts Team Manager on business tenders where required.
· Supporting the Commercial Accounts Team Manager with the annual budget process.