My client is a leading brand in the manufacturing sector. They have a current requirement for a Commodity Buyer to join their Portadown facility on a permanent basis. Reporting to Head of Procurement
* Full accountability for the creation and deployment of commodity strategies to support business objectives; including market intelligence, commodity price movements, commodity performance levels and general risk management.
* Manage a portfolio of existing commodity suppliers and be accountable for the performance and continuous improvement including quality, cost, lead-time reduction, delivery, working capital benefits, and utilise supplier scorecards as required.
* Achieve an annual Value Improvement target at Commodity and Supplier level.
* As required identify, introduce and develop new suppliers to improve quality, cost and delivery performance.
* Full responsibility for the design, issue and collation of Request For Quote / Tenders, presenting to senior management supplier selection and award recommendations. You will then be responsible for the delivery of these, including negotiation with key suppliers.
* Lead value improvement opportunities for your commodity working closely with colleagues in Engineering and Supply Chain. You will work with suppliers to find innovative solutions, materials and technologies to improve total quality and total cost of acquisition.
* 5+ years' experience in working strategically with commodities
* 2+ years' contract and commercial experience
* Track record of building and maintaining positive relationships with a range of internal and external stakeholders
* Highly motivated with strong organizational and presentation skills
* Excellent negotiation and persuasion skills.
* Ability to work independently and in cross-functional teams to achieve business goals and objectives.
* Results-driven and focused on achieving goals and targets in a fast-moving environment
* Familiar with Total Cost of Acquisition (TCA) models and principles
The Grafton Specialist Team is a dedicated division within Grafton Recruitment, focused on providing Permanent, Contract & Temporary staffing solutions across; Construction, Engineering, Accountancy & Finance, Financial Services & Insurance, Health & Safety, HR, IT, Sales & Marketing, Senior Manufacturing, Procurement & Supply Chain & Medical, Health & Social Care.