Communications Advisor required for the Northern Ireland Housing Executive.
Location: Adelaide Street, Belfast City Centre
Hours: 37 hours p/w
Pay rate: £13.91 p/h
Duration: 4 mos. initial
The Communications Advisor (Design) is a specialist role which will see the postholder work collaboratively as part of multi-disciplinary marketing and communications team providing a full range of graphic design support.
- Provide professional advice and expertise in taking forward design and/or digital projects on behalf of the Housing Executive.
- Work across multiple projects, operating effectively under pressure and taking into account relevant deadlines associated with different design assignments.
- Deliver and produce a wide-range of design assignments including (but not limited to), social media graphics, infographics, interactive forms, merchandise, signage, pop-ups/nomadic stands, including leaflets, magazines, reports and exhibitions etc.
- Provide strong creative input for internal and external design projects and initiatives, including social media.
- Produce high quality, finished artwork for public, press and/or online design assignments, within agreed timeframes.
- Work with the other members of the design team, as part of the overall re-branding process of the Housing Executive, including the creation of new guidelines and associated design assets and templates etc.
- Ensure that all design and/or detail outputs follow the brand guidelines for the Housing Executive.
- Contribute advice and guidance to detailed specifications for various design and/or printed related contracts.
- Ensure all design work for publishing meets accessibility requirements, including the production of accessible PDFs from design documents etc.
- Prepare detailed specifications for relevant printer(s), checking, amending and approving printer proofs as well as and liaising effectively with other third party suppliers.
- Operate effectively within the Apple Mac desktop publishing graphic design environment.
- Source appropriate online stock catalogue images and photographs, adhere to copyright license requirements and ensure that stock catalogue contract(s) are maintained and updated/renewed as required.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships will all internal and external customers.
- Regularly maintain all relevant filing systems and ensure that backup procedures are observed, as appropriate.
Degree level qualification (Level 6*) in Graphic Design AND Minimum of 1 years' experience working in a Graphic Design function.
Level 5* qualification in Graphic Design AND Minimum of 2 years' experience working in a Graphic Design function.
If you are interested and available for this position, please upload your CV to the link or contact Orlaith Fogarty. Orlaith.Fogarty@stafflinerecruit.com/02890242824 ext 303
To be shortlisted for this role all applicants MUST meet the essential criteria. Please note that these roles may be filled quickly but your CV will be kept on file for future similar roles. As there are so many applications, unsuccessful candidates may not be contacted.
Successful candidates may need to apply for an Access NI Certificate with Staffline regardless if you already have a valid certificate. It will be a cost of between £18 - £33 depending on clearance level.